WTS Backslides Production Again - Paperback Bibles

by ezekiel3 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I'll say bound volumes will be next on the chopping block, now that the WT Library CD is updated annually.

Agreed but they ,may keep a very small number for KH libraries only - not available to publishers even

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

It was just a matter of time - they have gone to perfect bound style on everything else, why not Bible's. Most Bible producers have a version or two that is very inexpensive as 'gift Bibles' as they call them.

Your post did not indicate - are they still retaining the fake 'leather bound' ones for publishers? They do not expect the pubs to use a paper back do they - you mentioned they are allowing the pubs to still get hard backs.

Jeff

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    AK asks: are they still retaining the fake 'leather bound' ones for publishers?

There was no mention of the fake leather bibles (regular size) in the announcement. Only "hard-cover" and "soft-cover".

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Ok thanx.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

This is such a tasteless and blatantly money-centered decision. There's no way to justify this under "simplification" given the rigors JWs and their studies are supposed to put their Bibles through.

Given that they give less and less attention to translating the Bible into various languages, maybe they'll stop printing their own Bible altogether. (Unlikely) Or maybe you eventually won't get a decent Bible until you get your "Organized" book to go over the baptismal study questions.

Maybe they'll cut out the Awake! altogether.

I can see the bound volumes being phased-out due to the CD being available. This will also make it easier for the Org to control the type and amount of info out there about their older publications and teachings. The library at the last Hall I went to was absolutely awful - shameful the lack of attention it got. Still, you'd have to twist some arms to get a computer in there.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Here ya go Scully,

Paperback Bible

Dear Sir or Madam, will you read my book?
    It took me years to translate, will you take a look?
    Based on a novel by a man named Russell
    And I need a job, so I want to sell a paperback Bible,
    Paperback Bible.

It's the Holy story of a Holy man
    And his earthly people just don’t understand.
    His son is working for the Diety,
    It's a steady job but he wants to write a paperback Bible,
    Paperback Bible.

Paperback Bible

It's a thousand pages, give or take a few,
    I'll be changing verses every week or two.
    I can make it longer if you like the style,
    I can change it round and I want to make a paperback Bible,
    Paperback Bible.

If you really like it you can have the rights,
    It could make a million converts overnight.
    If you must return it, you can send it here
    But I need a break and I want to sell a paperback Bible,
    Paperback Bible.

Paperback Bible

Paperback Bible - Paperback Bible
    Paperback Bible - Paperback Bible

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Other Bible translations have been produced as paperbacks for many years now, but those same translations are also produced in hardbound, leather-bound etc. in other words, there's freedom of choice. of course, those publishers are honest - they "sell" their Bibles! And they pay their taxes.

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip

why don't they just print the NWT on toilet paper. this way they can get a literature shipment and stock the RR at the same time.

• undercover
    undercover

Wasanelder...good job...

but darn you for beating me to it...I was gonna re-write the lyrics after reading Scully's post, but you done done it.

• capable wife
    capable wife

Ok all you whiners! As far as getting more money by having to get a new bible every year, if you are an ACTIVE Jehovah's Witness, you should be donating to the worldwide work on a regular basis! Simplify, Simplify, Simplify is the reason that we are going to paperback bibles. And for those of you who don't already know it, the Watchtower society has been making paperback bibles for years, along with other publications, so that these can be sent to persons in prison who are interested in learning the truth.

Hey, here's an idea......IF the reason that the Watchtower Society is cutting back due to cost, maybe they wouldn't have to if those who are ACTIVE witnesses would contribute on a regular basis. On the average in any given congregation it is a small percentage who do contribute. So, dear friends, stop your whining and CONTRIBUTE!

As for Nathan Knorr rolling over in his grave, since he is a king/priest in heaven, he can see what is really going on and would happily follow the direction of his king, Jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit