A 'concerned friend' coming for coffee at 1:30 - HELP!

by GoingGoingGone 24 Replies latest jw friends

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Garybuss -

That's a great idea!!!! I will absolutely keep that in mind for next time!!

GGG

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    If she tries to redirect about the MEETING, ask her, since she is a direct kind of gal, "Is the only reason you came by was to get me to come to the MEETING? Is our friendship really that SHALLOW?" At that point, give direct eye contact, even reach out and pat her hand.

That's what I asked a couple of elders when they came to my home trying to be all friendly with me like we were long lost drinking buddies or something. all they could do was look at each other incredulously.

In effect, I told them don't come around here pretending to be a concerned friend I haven't seen in a long time with the ulterior motive of getting me back to going to meetings.

don't act like you know me.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

You guys are so great.. guys like GaryBuss have got the "fading" concept down to a science. Almost makes me think it would have been fun to fade for a while and play around with these jokers a bit before I DA'ed. Almost.

GBL

• bennyk
    bennyk

Ask her to explain how the Society's false prophecies, erroneous teachings, and unscriptural practices prove it to be the "one, true Channel Jehovah is using in these 'Last Days' ".

Tell her that you are discussing certain discrepancies in WTBTS literature with an Elder, and that he requested you speak about this matter with NO ONE, since it would destroy the faith of anyone who is not exceptionally robust in the "Truth"; indeed, he is unwilling to even discuss this matter with his peers of the local Body of Elders...

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    Tell her that you are discussing certain discrepancies in WTBTS literature with an Elder, and that he requested you speak about this matter with NO ONE, since it would destroy the faith of anyone who is not exceptionally robust in the "Truth"; indeed, he is unwilling to even discuss this matter with his peers of the local Body of Elders...

I just checked back on this thread.

THAT COMMENT from BennyK is AWESOME!

It deserved a BTTT.

-ithinkisee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit