My wife is thinking of quitting the "truth"!

by Goldminer 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Last night my wife said she was thinking about quitting the truth.She says she finds it too hard with me having doubts and not wanting to be a jw anymore.She has also been burned by her few jw friends,and the rest are either disfellowshipped or getting divorced.It's really hard to build lasting relationships with such people in the religion.

Another positive factor is that she has made 2 good "worldly" friends over the past year.I think she's starting to see that people on the outside can be nice,have morals and accept others as they are.

I hope in time she starts feeling good about this decision and that I can slowly show her the many errors of the WTS.So far she agrees with many of the things I've told her but still believes it's the truth.It's a hard battle but I never tought I'd hear her say those words.

Btw,she finally called a local elder to see if he can help me with my many questions.He's coming over tonight so it should be quite interesting.I think he'll be a little surprised at some of the direct questions I have;I'm also hoping that after a while he decides there's not much hope for me and just labels me an apostate and starts talking about df'ing me.That would show my wife their attitude towards answering questions that have no scriptural answers.

Anyways,I'll do my best to keep you all up-dated.It can be hard to post as my wife diesn't know I come here on a regular basis.

Goldminer

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Sounds like a great opportunity. I hope things go well for you.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Good luck goldminer. Seems like you wife is moving in the right direction. Hope all goes well with the elder tonight.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I will be thinking of you. All the best and I look forward to the update.

Dams

• Legolas
    Legolas

Great news!!!! Put that elder in his place. And please keep us updated.

• JH
    JH
    Another positive factor is that she has made 2 good "worldly" friends over the past year.

Well, I always kept my worldly friends, even when I was a JW, and maybe that saved me.

Keep us informed.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I really want to know how that elder meeting goes!

• out of the box
    out of the box

Goldminor,

Looking forward to reading your update! Just tell the truth, that may cause some back peddling by that elder, oh well.

out of the box

• carla
    carla

Lucky you! Best wishes for her exit! I would be interested in your questions for the elder. Care to share? thanks, carla

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am very happy for you, goldminer! I'd like to hear your questions AFTER the event. No need to provide advance notice, just in case that elder happens to be computer-savvy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit