HOW MANY SECRET APOSTATES ARE THERE IN CONGREGATIONS?

by badboy 30 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

Well, if you think about it, i'm sure about at least a 1/3 of the little kids are sitting there thiinking "Oh, man, what a crock!" I know I was.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I think once you start thinking its a crock, and you are old enough, you leave.

Its just too painful to listen to all the BS, once you have seen through it.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I agree with Avi & KK. I would estimate that a full 50% of the teens (13-19) in my old hall thought it was all bull. As far as the adults who knows? I didn't talk to them and they didn't talk to me.

Dams

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

As a 3rd generation born a JW 1957 i can testify that half (especially teens) more or less are living double lives.

Does living a double life the same as apostasy?Why am i even posting this question,it's all the same bullshit?

• Cognitive_Dissident
    Cognitive_Dissident

"Finally we know 'what is the question to which the answer is 42'". Thank you.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well, secret apostate is an oxymoron. Don't apostates attempt to turn away as many as the faithful as possible?

I know of two who attend my hubby's congregation that don't believe it any more. Two out of 40 is just under 5%. Extrapolate that to the 6 million attenders and you have 280,000 people warming the seats.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

I know only one (me)

• proandcon
    proandcon

In my experience, I'd say on average about 50% conservatively have real doubts about some of what they've heard ...some will speak quietly about their reservations to their small circle of "trusted friends".. they keep it quiet...JW dom seems more and more to me to be somewhat of a "social thing" vs the hard core religion it once purported to be.

If you're a secret apostate you can't last long...the BS will drive you crazy if you quietly try to endure...if you talk, you'll get ratted out and spoken too by the elders. You'll definitely be on the "watch closely" list then...either way...you're gone...

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

reminds me of what I have heard of the old soviet union.... you had one opinion with people you THOUGHT you could trust and one opinion to everyone else....and your own children might rat you out.

when I was a BORG drone, I was supprized to learn that more then half of the congregations I attended were non-baptized near beer JWs... they all had their reasons for not taking the final plunge, but were basically standing around waiting for something real to shake them up and make them a true believer... the were more in then out, but just enough out to jump ship without losing friends.... one of the biggest issues was the door to door. if JWs ditched that their numbers might double over night.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy
    Don't apostates attempt to turn away as many as the faithful as possible?

This is a very common assumption, but no. Even in the elders handbooks, all you have to do is disagree with teachings of the Society. Even if you never talk about it to another soul, if you don't beleive, you are an apostate to them.

It specifically states in the guidebook that it is not neccessary for the accused person to be talking to others about their beliefs in order to be guilty of apostacy.

WLG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit