My mother is annoying me, badly!!

by Gill 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gill
    Gill

My mother is seriously annoying me, now. I have never been a patient person and only ever put up with so much before I go out firing on all cylinders - 'the fiery Latin in me' I'm afraid!

Anyway, my mum wants me to 'study the bible properly' with my idiot elder cousin and his watchtower on legs wife.

These are the very people, who have shunned us with a vengeance for the last few years and who my parents asked permission from a couple of years ago, when they had a barbie, if these wonderful christians would be offended if we were invited, what with our being 'non meeting attenders'.

I said, if you want '.....' and '.....' to no longer be JWs when I've finished with them then a study would be a great idea however, if you think you can change my view on the WTBTS and the idiots who follow it then you've got another think coming.

We had a belter of a fight on the phone before 'she remembered' that she'd got eggs boiling on the stove!

She did some screaming about as I was baptised into the Catholic Church I should go back to where I belong. Wheras, I explained I now realised that most religions were just cults and I had more sense than she did than to let a bunch of stupid morons tell me what to do and I certainly would never return to JW land as no 'window cleaner' or 'toilet cleaner' or 'star of the congregation' was going to tell me what I could and couldn't do.

Then, I asked her where it said in the bible that she has to put her report in every month.

God, these dubs have a crazy answer for everything!

Apparantly, King David was told by Jehovah to count his armies and that's why they had to put their report in because they could see the progress of the congregations and the Organization. I tell you, sometimes I think it was a good job she was down the phone and not sitting next to me.

So, I said, the congregations are not progressing and have come to a standstill and are beginning to experience negative growth and also, pioneers only do 70 hours a year and some can report 15 mins a month. The goal posts have changed just so that they can plump up the figures!

That was when the eggs boiling problem came up.

Hey guess what! She rang and asked me round to dinner later in the week!!!!!

Kids have all booked a seat and even the older ones are begging to come as well.

Let you know what happens.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

If its no one things it your mother.

• out of the box
    out of the box

Co-dependent relationships are hard. They need others to feed on and keep the 'script' going. Good for you to get OUT of the script they are playing and LIVE your own life!

out of the box

• rebel8
    rebel8

Why can't Jehovah count his own armies? Surely the omnipotent god knows how to count.

watchtower on legs wife

LOL!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    'the fiery Latin in me'

Wow - and you're still able to type.

Anyway, my mum wants me to 'study the bible properly' with my idiot elder cousin and his watchtower on legs wife.

That may be a good idea - you might be able to teach them something.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Never heard the one about David counting his armies, priceless! Did he count them once a month? Carefully noting each small aspect on a nice little white form? Did he then take that form down to the temple, and place it in the box at the back? If he forgot to turn that slip in by the 5th of the month, did the Army Overseer Priest give him a call to remind him? If he forgot to do his little count 6 months in a row, would the High Priests consider him unworthy, and talk about him behind his back?

I just love how JW elders and the GB can take one scripture and apply it to there LEGALISTIC organization. As if all there 1100 rules where handed down from Jehovah. And all the suckers slurp it up, and tow the Organization line. Slaves to the Watchtower!

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

jehovah sent satan to tempt david to count his armed forces, although jehovah forbid david to count them. so david counted them. in the effect jehovah sent a disease to kill some 70,000 israelites.

hmmm... that's why they give their reports?

• Gill
    Gill

Googlemagoogle, THANKYOU!!!!!

I think I'm in love!!!!!!!

I got some ass kicking to do tomorrow. Fun, fun, fun!!!!!!!

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Googlemagoogle!

Could you give me some scriptural back up there, please!

Thankyou

Gill

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

it's one of my fav stories, because it raises so many questions... lol
    one time it's satan tempting, one time it's jehovah.. they got something in common.

1 Chronicles 21

1 And Satan proceeded to stand up against Israel and to incite David to number Israel.
    [...]
    5 Jo´ab now gave the number of the registration of the people to David; and all Israel amounted to a million one hundred thousand men drawing sword, and Judah four hundred and seventy thousand men drawing sword.
    6 And Le´vi and Benjamin he did not register in among them, because the king’s word had been detestable to Jo´ab.
    7 Now this thing was bad in the eyes of the [true] God, and so he struck down Israel.
    [...]
    11 Accordingly Gad went in to David and said to him: “This is what Jehovah has said, ‘Take your pick,
    12 whether for three years there is to be a famine; or for three months there is to be a sweeping away from before your adversaries and for the sword of your enemies to overtake [you], or for three days there is to be the sword of Jehovah, even pestilence, in the land, with Jehovah’s angel bringing ruin in all the territory of Israel.’ And now see what I should reply to the One sending me.”
    [...]
    14 Then Jehovah gave a pestilence in Israel, so that out of Israel seventy thousand persons fell.

1 And again the anger of Jehovah came to be hot against Israel, when one incited David against them, saying: “Go, take a count of Israel and Judah.”
    [...]
    9 Jo´ab now gave the number of the registration of the people to the king; and Israel amounted to eight hundred thousand valiant men drawing sword, and the men of Judah were five hundred thousand men.
    [...]
    13 Accordingly Gad came in to David and told him and said to him: “Should there come to you seven years of famine in your land, or three months of your fleeing before your adversaries, with them pursuing you, or the occurring of three days of pestilence in your land? Now know and see what I shall reply to the One sending me.”
    [...]
    15 Then Jehovah gave a pestilence in Israel from the morning until the time appointed, so that out of the people from Dan to Be´er-she´ba seventy thousand persons died.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit