As you got baptised a j.w., did you truly agree with all j.w. teachings?

by hubert 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

I was a TRUE BELIEVER.

I remember my baptism in slow motion, goind down under the water, and coming up, how the water felt, and how different I felt after coming up from the water.

It was quite an experience for me.

Yeppers, it was about 6 years later when I left, having totally lost the faith in the FDS....no major regrets though,. I really believe in what I was doing, so I did the best i could with the beliefs I had at the time.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I was 16 and i believed whatever i was told 200%

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Yep - was 17. Mom had given us the 'truth' and was now inactive. I was going to be the best of the best witnesses I could. I was positive it was the 'truth'. Lived it for 30 more years after baptism, before I discovered the 'truth about the truth'.

Jeff

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I believed most of it and accepted the rest. Now I believe none of it and find it hard to believe I listened to that bs at all. Oh well, you live and learn

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I believed most of it but I had a problem believing that everyone who wasn't a JW would be destroyed at armageddon.

The society's teaching about 1918/19 never made any sense to me. I always thought it a bit arrogant on their part to assume bible prophecies applied to them.

I also couldn't see the justice of having the entire human race suffer the consequenses of "Adamic sin". So what if he ate some lousy fruit? Why should people who had nothing to do with it suffer thousands of years later? People exterminated in death camps in WWII. People butchered in Rwanda. All because Adam and Eve ate some fruit that didn't belong to them. Now there's a loving god of justice for you!

With these kinds of doubts it's a wonder I ever became a JW at all. But they got me at a low point in my life - a time when some drastic changes were needed. The depression didn't help.

W

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

I was 12 and didn't know squat ****.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

..... ooops, sorry, born "in" so I'm not allowed to comment ....

But at 14 I believed what I was taught was right because my parents told me so!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit