BLOOD --giving or taking

by m. kirov 22 Replies latest jw friends

• m. kirov
    m. kirov

So now that you've left the cult, have you ever given or taken blood? Would you ever? Have your opinions and/ or beliefs in this area changed? Much to my suprise, one of my very good freinds who is not out still feels the way he was trained to feel.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Yes they have changed...I would give it and take it!!!

• kid-A
    kid-A

Would take if I needed it, would give if somebody needed it.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HEAR A GOOD DISCUSSION ON THE SUBJECT (CASSETTE) CONTACT ME AT [email protected]

NO CHARGE, NEW WAY OF LOOKING AT BLOOD ISSUE.

OUTASERVICE

• Bryan
    Bryan

It's odd with me. I've donated a kidney, but never blood. I would accept it and would like to give it.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• m. kirov
    m. kirov

I know a few JW's that think that's cannibalism! My dad's uncle and the PO of my former cong. helped me to see that one should take in consideration that blood transfusions might be needed in such a surgery. Would you really want it on your conscience if the receipient needed blood?? Well, Would you?

I suppose you'd also want to make sure they aren't gay (unless they are also a pedophlie elder) before you gave away a kidney.

Personally, if you need my blood you can have it and I've been on the donor list since I got my first ID.

• Carmel
    Carmel

I donate blood about evey three months. Last I'd checked I've given over 13 gallons of the red stuff. Knowing I've helped save several lives so that persons unknown to me may live life more fully is gratifying.

carmel

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

About a month ago I decided to donate some blood. So I gave them a call to see how and where. They asked a few questions as part of their screening process. It seems that because I have a Vitamin B12 deficiency and taken B12 injections each month I am not eligible to donate.

Oh well. I tried

• anewme
    anewme

Now that Im out what does it matter? Does my crossing my scriptural t's and dotting my scriptural i's get me anywhere now? If I need blood I'll be grateful to get it.

• karen96
    karen96

My hubby asked me this last night, if I needed it would I take it. While I don't believe it's wrong to take it, something in the old blood brochure sticks with me: They referenced someone who said blood is like an organ, you have to make sure you have a good match, more than blood type or RH factor. Does anyone have more info on this? Or am I just hanging on to old brain washings?

Karen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit