Buddha's Sacred Tooth

by hibiscusfire 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

I guess hibiscusfire never heard that arrogance breeds contempt.. I am a bit weary of the infomercials this one keeps posting. I would also like to remind that this forum is not anyone's outlet for preaching and putting the beliefs of others down.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Obey!!! erm, Amen, Valis.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Taiwan: the premier recently presided over the arrival of one of Buddha's teeth. The 2,400 year-old relic is said to be one of three teeth found in the ashes after Buddha's cremation.

India: near the headwaters of the Ganges river. In the holy city of Haridwar, an estimated 10 million Hindus gathered in mid-April for a dip in the sacred river to wash away their sins and try to break the cycle of death and rebirth called reincarnation.

Yes those eastern religions.....

And those western religions:

France: thousands of people come to france to drink the holy water in Lourdes.

Europe: Bearing in mind that this New Testamental notion of the human body has been achieved and realized in the persons of the Saints, Christians show a pious veneration for the bodies of the Saints, towards holy relics, the temples of the Holy Spirit, Who by God's grace abides within them. But Holy Revelation indicates that by God's immeasurable love for man, the Holy Spirit abides through His grace not only in the bodies of the Saints, but also in their clothing.

I can make a very long list about Satan here.....

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Oh yeah, Christianity is an Eastern Religion.....

• kid-A
    kid-A

Gee,

How many MILLIONS of people throughout history have died as a direct result of wars and inquisitions started by CHRISTIANS??

How many wars and inquisitions have been started by BUDDHISTS?

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

There are a lot of things that christian can lear from boeddism.

They do no force their religion with the sword, they are tolerant for other views.
    They have a nice respect for other people.
    It is a religion based on peace, not on war.

hmm for which religion would I choose, if I had to...

Danny

• kid-A
    kid-A

Christ and Buddha had many similar points of view....both promoted tolerance, forgiveness and peace.

But, of the descendents of these philosophers, only the Buddhists have truly respected these principles. Most christian sects today are the ANTITHESIS

of tolerance, forgiveness and peace. Very sad indeed. If Christ came back, I suspect he would join the buddhists.

• Preston
    Preston

I'm sure Buddha's tooth is nothing compared to the amount fo attention devoted to Rasputin's penis

- Preston

• Carmel
    Carmel

Sounds like someone is in hammerlock with the idea of "satan"! Another pot calling the kettle black!

caveman

• poppers
    poppers

"Buddha is a false god"

When the man who latter was called the Buddha awoke to what he really was, someone asked him who he was. He did not say he was god, or a god, he said "I am awake." He never claimed to be god. He didn't even talk about god. He had no control over the subsequent conclusions and claims that followed him during his life or through history. I would venture to say that if he saw how his teaching has morphed into what it has he would be disappointed, just as I feel Jesus would be disappointed if he were to see what has become of his teaching.

Buddha's whole teaching was to point the way to discovering the truth of what one actually is right now in this very moment. His teaching was simply one of pointing out how there is suffering in the world and how to overcome it in the discovery of the truth of one's very Being.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit