Service Meeting week of August 22, 2005

by TheListener 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TheListener
    TheListener

Song 161

10 min: Local announcements. Read accounts report and donation acknowledgements.

18 min: Local needs.

20 min: "Kingdom Preaching-A Precious Privilege."* When discussing paragraph 4, review the special provision for reporting field service time in 15-minute increments by those who are very limited by advanced age or health problems.-See the October 2002 Our Kingdom Ministry, p. 8, par. 6.

Song 204 and concluding prayer

* Limit introductory comments to less than a minute, and follow with a question-and-answer discussion.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Local Needs:

* Beat them up.

* Beat them more.

* Beat them where they haven't been beaten before.

* Beat them some more.

* Grind in the salt.

* Add the lashes.

* Beat them some more.

* Beat them where they haven't been beaten before.

* Tell them to "do obeissance" to the FDS.

* Send them off as "faithful sheep."

(Until the next beating)... meeting.

• upside/down
    upside/down

lawrence....

don't hold back...tell us how you really feel....LOL!

u/d(of the been beat to hell class)

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    20 min: "Kingdom Preaching-A Precious Privilege."* When discussing paragraph 4, review the special provision for reporting field service time in 15-minute increments by those who are very limited by advanced age or health problems.-See the October 2002 Our Kingdom Ministry, p. 8, par. 6.

Ah! I see the last minute effort to get the publisher numbers up just before the end of the service year has arrived.

How refreshing to see the heartfelt concern for the elderly and ill among the witnesses. Just heartwarming!!!!!

Jeff

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Song 161

10 min: Local announcements. Read accounts report and donation acknowledgements.

* Limit introductory comments to less than a minute, and follow with a question-and-answer discussion.

Please forgive me, FDS for not fully appreciating such wonderful spiritual banquets in the past. I now realise that I wasn't deserving enough to eat from the proverbial plate of demons that you so abundantly provide.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Honesty-

Such spiritual feasts! But you showed your lack of appreciation for Divine Meat at the Appointed Time excuse me, "plate of demons."

Just one question for Defd and Scholar - who in their right mind could sit through this?

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Whenever I read this Theocratic Ministry Stool thread I always get that depressed feeling of sitting at a hall listening to that boring garbage. I felt a chill. Whew.

GBL

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Who needs all that time to conduct these parts? I can get it all done in about 5 to 10 minutes! Lemme try...

Here is our accounts report thingy. First of all, you guys haven't been giving us enough cash. Our expenses for the month were $729. We recieved $129.42. I know being a pioneer with six kids makes things difficult, but we need that cash for the Kingdom Hall. Little Billy can wear his shoes until his toes pop out the front. I think you should listen to the song "Low Budget" by the Kinks.

Also, the Society charged us for $324.83 for literature. We recieved $84.91. I know gas is expensive, but we need to save people from Armageddon.

Where the fuck is everyone? I'm guessing they're all home sick. I'll be making some visits, so you guys better smarten up! The Circuit Overseer is coming too. He'll give you sporatic meeting attenders a swift kick in the ass back to the Kingdom Hall.

To all you crusty old brothers and sisters, you need to make the provision from the society regarding your 15 minute field service times useful. Perhaps you can witness to the person who brings you your mush every morning. I'm going to give a demonstration with a sock puppet...

SOCK: Here's your mush
    ME: Here, take these magazines
    SOCK: Why?
    ME: If you don't take them, you're gonna die
    SOCK: I think you're more at risk than I am
    ME: No I'm not. I have the truth
    SOCK: Okay, see you again tomorrow.

So, the lesson here is if you can have a conversation like this with your socks everyday, you'll reach the 15 minute provision.

Now let's stand and sing song 204 entitled "Socks, Magazines and Mush - Oh My!"

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

Nosferatu - LOL

My PO refused to extend the "15 minute increments" thing to me. He (and my dad) said it was for housebound people. I guess clinical depression and crippling social anxiety weren't enough to justify helping me stay "active"!

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Am I wrong or is this the first time that they put information on the 15-min-arrangement in print?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit