what's a friend?

by googlemagoogle 18 Replies latest jw friends

• defd
    defd

A friend is someone who is there for you when you really need someone. Someone who you can trust. Someone who share similiar interests. Someone who really knows you, the inner you, the real you.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    A friend is someone who is there for you when you really need someone. Someone who you can trust. Someone who share similiar interests. Someone who really knows you, the inner you, the real you.

So, then, a JW who experiences shunning learns that he has few friends, eh?

• defd
    defd

in some cases yes, in my case yes......................I have no JW friends

• Tez
    Tez

Friendship should be unconditional.. As a JW I never found it!!!

• caty
    caty

Someone who will call you on your nonsense and be brutally honest with you. I have one on here, she needs a hug

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

defd:

"A friend loves at all times" - Proverbs 17:17 (NIV)

Dubs speak of their "worldwide broherhood" and that they can only have true friends "in the Organisation" - the reality is quite different. And this is amply shown when shunning takes place. In reality the dubs have, not friends, but acquaintances - much like they would have if they all belonged to the local gun club.

Cheers, Ozzie

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

RAT, no words were truer than that which you stated.

I always thought of you as a flake, lol, Just kidding,

I think too what you said Lawrence was true, if the person can't speak with you face to face then he has lost face.

Your better off with out this person . Peace friend.

Love Orangefatcat [

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

sad to hear your story, lawrence. i can't imagine what you are feeling right now.

some very nice comments. but aint that all just wishful thinking? i mean, all those descriptions sound like flawless, perfect people (flawless/perfect in JW semantics, i think everyone's perfect). especially the "die for" part sounds very romantic, but is it real?

• Es
    Es

I have many acquaintances in my life but only a few friends and thats just the way i like it, my friends are not high maintenance we are completely comfy round each other we can be quiet we can talk it doesnt matter. es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit