An Unbeliever's Guide to Believing the Bible

by thinker 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Gill
    Gill

Morning Thinker!

I 'think' my brain may have just over heated with all that information and 'thinking' it's had to do but those are great points.

Certainly, the Satanic ritual thing with all those animal sacrifices etc. Makes you wonder what kind of God would want that kind of stuff going on in his name.

Thanks

• thinker
    thinker

Hi Gill,

Glad you enjoyed it. I hope it leads to some interesting bible discussions with your mom. I'm sure she will want to know about this. :)

thinker

• thinker
    thinker

" All Scripture is inspired of God "

A great many people quote this verse to "prove" that ALL of the bible is inspired. But ask yourself, "Which comes first, the label 'scripture' or the inspiration?". Clearly God must first inspire something for it to be labeled scripture. And this is exactly what Paul was saying. So this verse could be restated as this: "If God inspired it, then it's proper to call it scripture." When you understand Paul's words in this way then they are in perfect harmony with John's words to "test inspired expressions". John's phrase "inspired expressions" are a reference to scripture itself, which must be tested to determine their origin and Paul agrees by saying that all that can properly be called scripture is inspired by God.

thinker

• trevor
    trevor

Carmel

I enjoyed your post. It was deep, pithy meaningful and meaningless all at the same time. It made me feel emotional and comfortable and special.

If you could write a whole book like that you could have the makings of a new religion.

• thinker
    thinker

Eventually, Satan decided to choose his 'priests'. Israelite priests were decendents of Levi. Levi's father was Jacob and Levi had a sister named Dinah. In Gen 34:1-2 Dinah is raped by a canaanite called Hamor. In accordance with jewish law as described at Deu 22:28-29, Hamor's son offers to marry Dinah and Hamor offers not only the prescribed fine of 50 pieces of silver, but any price that Jacob will name.

How does Levi, the father of all future priests, react to this act of lawful obedience by Hamor? Levi and his brother Simeon lie to Hamor (Gen 34:25) causing all the canaanite males of the city to be circumcised. Then they kill all the males of the town (Gen 34:25) before they can recover their strength. Years later their father Jacob still remembers this horrible crime and curses Levi and Simeon (Gen 49:5-7).

So there you have father of the priestly line chosen by Satan. Levi was cursed by his own father as a law-breaker, a liar, and a mass-murderer. A fitting choice for Satan's priestly line.

thinker

• Quentin
    Quentin
    'figurative' or 'prophetic'.

Sounds like type...anti-type...will the real Fred Franz please stand up...

• Shining One
    Shining One

Your non-use of any hermeneutical method results in nonsense, LOL. You also need a new moniker. I suggest, 'speculator'. You would do well in journalism though, some rag like the Weekly World News.
    Rex

• thinker
    thinker

Hello Shining One,

Do you object to using only the bible (and not outside sources) as a reference?

I'd be happy to discuss the bible with a number of outside sources if you wish, but I suggest we start a new thread for that.

thinker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit