Did you or ex-spouse apologize for divorcing you because of the j.w. cult?

by hubert 13 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Well, my exhusband who was raised a JW, he divorced me. And apologize? He's not into apologizing. It's extremely rare for him to apologize for anything because he is the kind of person who has a weakness for always finding a scapegoat. Rather than face his own mistakes, he blames others almost 100% of the time.

This is sad because he cannot grow and make changes within himself. He's destined to repeat the same mistakes again in another relationship, if he ever gets into one again. He's so bitter that no one will date him.

I want to see him heal and move on. I don't think he can until he can face his own contributions to the demise of our marriage and family and the role of the WTBTS in all of it.

• roybatty
    roybatty

Hmmmm....my ex hasn't come right out and apologized per say but has "kinda sorta" said that she regrets turning me into the elders (I joined the YMCA after being inactive for a year) and agreed that this was the beginning of the end of our marriage. On the other hand, I cannot see us being married - with her being a devout Jdub and me celibrating the hoildays, flying a flag, etc...

How does anyone make that work? My congrats to any who do!

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

Hey Hubert,

How are you? I was the one to divorce my then wife of 15yrs. We had a very tumultuous marriage. It was because of her JW mindset as well as other things as to the reason for the divorced. There was no apology from either one of us. About 8 years after the divorce she called me at work and wanted to talk to me. She wanted to know why I divorced her, so I told her. I figured after all the time that went by, she would be able to "get real " with herself. Unfortunately, she was still the same person as when I left the marriage. She continued to blame me for the divorce and not accept her part in it. She was never one for appologies. She would never accept responsibility for her actions and blamed others for them. Her favorite saying was, " they made me act that way "

• horrible life
    horrible life

My ex-husband, a non-JW, wife beating, adulterous whoreing, pustule picking, gap tooth, jerk, didn't even apologize for dating, and later marrying, his

manly, muscle bound, short haired, he/she. But I have one thing to say to him, THANK-YOU HL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit