Did you or ex-spouse apologize for divorcing you because of the j.w. cult?

by hubert 13 Replies latest jw friends

• hubert
    hubert

Has anyone on this board that ended up in divorce (mainly) because of j.w. problems, ever received an apology from their ex for divorcing them because of religious differences?

Like, maybe that since the divorce the ex got out of the org and realized that they were wrong to divorce you at that time?

Any stories about this topic?

Hubert

• hubert
    hubert

bttt

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

my grandmother started studying with Jehovah's Witnesses in 1965 in San Angelo, Texas.

My mother was born that year.

In 1968, as my grandmother prepared to be baptized, my grandfather kicked my 3 year old mother, 4 year old aunt, and grnadmother out of the house.

He signed over his rights as their father, and they all moved to Raleigh NC.

• hubert
    hubert

Thanks for the reply, Richie.

So I take it your grandfather was never a j.w.?

Good luck this week with your meeting.

Hubert

• Honesty
    Honesty

I divorced her because of the cult and what she had allowed it to do to our family.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Hi Hubert! I get excited when you post a topic because I know you are up there in the north typing away at your computer.

[edit], and reflecting on how and why we got married in the first place, I realize I never would have married her at all knowing what I know today. It would only have amounted to nothing more than a temporary fling. But, since we were both former pioneers, both suffering from depression, both lonely, both separated from family (she was DF'd twice), we were in the same set of circumstances.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I left because I was tired of playing second fiddle to the cult in my marriage.

W

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

My ex divorced me because I refused to follow the lie any longer. He's still in and has never apologized. Why would he? He still believes that crap I guess.

sweet tee

• defective light
    defective light

No... I ran her ass off because she did not have sense enough to see thru the WTS bullshit....no need to apoligze for that... she has done a wonderful job of living in her own ignorance... being a faithful slave....

• hubert
    hubert

maybe that since the divorce the ex got out of the org and realized that they were wrong to divorce you at that time?

Well, I am getting the opposite reaction to what I was looking for, which really surprised me. I expected that the j.w.'s would have wanted to divorce the "worldly" spouse, but looks like I am getting it the other way around. I can see where this happens, though, because of the major differences in the attitude between these spouses. Too much friction.

Mario, I was glad to be there for you, and so was everyone else on this board. They all contributed to your healing in any way they could. I am very happy that I met you, and was able to support you in whatever way my wife and I could. Yes, she definitely had a say in this, too. I am a lucky man to have her, even though sometimes I forget how lucky I am. Thanks for the compliments, Mario. Your friend and brother always.

Hubert Edited to add: I am so happy to see you posting, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit