I told the brothers......

by defd 61 Replies latest jw friends

• prophecor
    prophecor
    I am Pioneering this month, i need some hrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well your cup is certain to run over in here

• zulukai
    zulukai

Beware, Def'd.....a thinking man is Kryptonite to the Borg! Welcome back.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

HA HA HA,

Ya got us Defd. Had to go back and read your previous posts to understand.

Be careful my friend. I spent a lot of time letting the elders know that they couldn't bully me and they started to look for a reason, any reason, to df me.

The time came where my now ex wife was also searching for a reason.

Working together they found one.

Outoftheorg

• willyloman
    willyloman

You gotta feel for Geico. Millions spent on advertising, an unforgettable slogan, yet no can spell their name!

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Yes dfed, be very careful if you really want to stay in the org, when I stood up to the elders they did their level best to get rid of me, and when I left I got the impression that most of them were glad to see the back of me - they didn't try very hard to win me back anyway.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Is Dfed short for Disfellowshipped? Well, at this rate, maybe one day.

Nice to have you back. A good sense of humor is a plus.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    The way bible students are treated while being studied with, who they make ministerial servants, who they allow to say prayers at Thursday meetings, how they treat weak ones and all that jazz..............

You are on your way. Those topics are right off my list about 5 years back. Then I butted heads with them about the missaplication of scriptures like 'the sons of Korah' rebellion, and how Moses pictured Jesus not the GB and the local elders. And how Heb 10:24,25 does not mention meetings like those JW's insist that scripture supports and commands. And guess what? They never have an answer.

You are starting down the yellow brick road.

Jeff

• defd
    defd

AK

I assure you, by seeing some of the hypocracy within the Cong. and Org. by no means does it mean I will LEAVE the truth or the Org. or the Cong.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy
    I assure you, by seeing some of the hypocracy within the Cong. and Org. by no means does it mean I will LEAVE the truth or the Org. or the Cong.

Well I would certainly hope you never leave Truth behind. It is the most importaint thing of the three you listed, you know.

He who is trustworthy in least is trustworthy in much.

WLG

• daystar
    daystar

Matt 7:20 NWT

15 “Be on the watch for the false prophets that come to YOU in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. 16 By their fruits YOU will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they? 17 Likewise every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit; 18 a good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, neither can a rotten tree produce fine fruit. 19 Every tree not producing fine fruit gets cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Really, then, by their fruits YOU will recognize those [men].

Gal 5:19-24 NWT

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, and they are fornication, uncleanness, loose conduct, 20 idolatry, practice of spiritism, enmities, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, contentions, divisions, sects, 21 envies, drunken bouts, revelries, and things like these. As to these things I am forewarning YOU , the same way as I did forewarn YOU , that those who practice such things will not inherit God’s kingdom. 22 On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, 23 mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Moreover, those who belong to Christ Jesus impaled the flesh together with its passions and desires.
    These don't require much commentary, I don't think. But while you might say the works of the flesh aren't overwhelmingly prominent, neither are the fruitage of the spirit. This would make the WTS a false prophet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit