"How is the Kingdom Hall abusive?"

by Robert_V_Frazier 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rebel8
    rebel8

Hi Robert, I think mainly they are psychologically abusive.

I strongly encourage you to check this out: http://www.factnet.org/headlines/destructive_cult_warning_signs.html

I recently received permission from factnet to use this material on my web site. I'm working on a comparison of JWs with the mind control techniques listed on that site.

Danny, I just have no words for how disturbing that is. I didn't experience anything that extreme myself, but I do remember similar things. We had a hiding place inside the walls of our house set up. We read books on how to find edible plants in the wild so we could survive in the woods during the Great Trib. We were given pep talks about how to tolerate physical abuse (and rape) so as to prepare for the Great Trib, too. This stuff is just off the wall.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

They Trashed my Ca$h The saga of the,COOLS vs. the GEEKS

In 1989 a leading elder { that I trusted } taps me on the shoulder and tells me how he has telephoned the WT$ H.Q. Ivory tower,to inquire on,"how much longer can it last"."It can only 'last' just a few more months is the ominous reply".

Yes sir, this is heavy on my heart. Just how will I be 'found in the day of Jehovah's anger'?Will I 'probably' be saved?How do I conduct myself with the horrific death of nearly 6 billion men women and small children on my conscience?Will I be found 'blood-guilty' for not serving Jehovah to the fullest.[Col.3:23]

Who, should I look to as an example?What about the resident'Bethelite'?He just did a stint at Brooklyn and was a ministerial servant,and is looked up to as "exemplary". He is also considered to be the 'coolest' guy in the hall.In fact he drives a 'cool' two door Saab coupe.{the sisters are drooling over him}.He also subscribes to 'worldly',Rolling stone and Spin magazines.So he can be current with all the latest coolest 'worldly'. trends.

In contrast,I have heeded the WT$'s directive to only purchase a modest,$1,500.00 four door family style sedan.it's very plain and ordinary (geeky) I think it s**ks,I'm a 4X4 pickup man myself.But the Ivory tower say's only buy four door sedans to facilitate,'car groups' for the sacred door to door 'field service'.

I'm making $50,000.00 a year and I drive a 's**t box'.because i am donating all my profits to the Watchtower $ociety.I am also at (age 29) still living with mom and dad, to economize on living expenses. I keep my nearly blind from birth mom,furnished with all the necessary appliances for sure.I even bought her a 25" color TV from K-mart.While the most popular( exemplary) family in the church has a wide screen TV.

I bought with cash, for a pioneer, a better car than I have.I am giving Thousands of dollars to the Watchtower's world wide work,while my family and I lives modestly.

For all my sincere earnest toil and goodness,I am loathed and ridiculed by my brothers and sisters at the Rockland Massachusetts kingdom hall of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Sneering at me behind my back.Yes,they tried to pin a 'kick me sign' on my back.Squeezed into their mold a dumb geek,"who is so dumb,why he doesn't have the sense to be cool like us".

This is the event that set me free.The god of these ass"wholes" is not the god i will serve. Are you looking for my ground zero?If my family and i hadn't been f**ked over by the Rockland Massachusetts kingdom hall,just think you wouldn't be reading this. They Trashed my Ca$h

• Ticker
    Ticker

I can tell you first hand that the Kingdom Hall can be a place of emotional manipulation and abuse. This link tells of some of my story regarding abuse within the Kingdom Hall. I will never set foot in one again.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/85806/1415770/post.ashx#1415770

Ticker

• jgnat
    jgnat

In most halls there are one or two sitting in the back whom nobody speaks to. Why?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit