Is there a story behind the beer you drink or is just that it tastes better

by JH 27 Replies latest jw friends

• kid-A
    kid-A

Leffe Brun or Blonde...first tried it at a bar in Bruxelles, my god....the nectar of the gods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

perhaps my palette hasn't matured- i can not enjoy a dark brew.

I drink Budweiser 9 out of 10 times. I think its a southern thing more than anything.

(not like I drink beer or anything...)

• kid-A
    kid-A

I am not a fan of the heavy dark brews either but Leffe Brun is a lambic beer, so its rich, but not heavy at all. You would love it, I promise, and they also

have the "blond" version if you prefer blondes!

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Jh, you are just copying me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Admit it!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Shiner

No story, just good beer at the right price.

• Legolas
  • Legolas
    Legolas

The Honourable Alexander Keith is often credited as being the father of great beer in Nova Scotia. He earned the title his way, with a lifetime of fine brewing, and a legacy that still includes the most popular beers in Nova Scotia today. Alexander Keith was born in Scotland, but left there to apprentice in the great brewing centres of England. He came to Halifax at the age of 22, with a reputation as a brewing perfectionist. Shortly after, in 1820, he started his own brewery, which became an instant success. Using only the finest pure barley malt and select hops, Alexander crafted each batch with personal attention and an unrivaled commitment to quality. And so it is today. Still brewed only in Halifax, Alexander Keith's India Pale ale remains a favourite of beer drinkers across Canada.

736K | 4.7MB

Contact Us | Copyright © Alexander Keith's 2002 | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
  • daystar
    daystar

mis

I've got to try Double Bastard now just for the bottle!

I drank Shiner Bock for a while, but I just got tired of it. I now drink a pale, piss lager, Bud Light. For a change, I'll drink a Heini or Dos Equis. Fat Tire is good, so is Harp, so is Mich Ultra. Darks like Guiness are for when I feel like drinking for the taste and not for the alcohol. I've a friend who brews his own though, so when I go for that, I usually drink whatever his last batch was.

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Hubby's Home brew gets my vote! Whatever 'flavor' he decides to do...the history,

just a good friend who taught him the process. We go to annual Oktoberfest in this

friend's backyard, home-made pretzels, bierocks & brew...everyone brings their own

and we have a tasting and crowning of the King or Queen ! YUM!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Dark beers are my favourite. Currently I'm addicted to Black Wych.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit