IS THERE A CREATOR WHO CARES ABOUT YOU? (Probably not.)

by Apathy 25 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    I've always said the world needs a little more Apathy...

Maybe you're right. Maybe not. I don't really care.

(Did that nebula form in the Pleiades Star Cluster, by any chance? I hear Jehoober keeps a summer place there)

Dave of the "proud to contribute to the apathy pool" class

• Satanus
    Satanus

If indeed there was a being that created humans, then did the same create the animals? In the animal world, everything is based on animals eating other animals, competition for territory/sex, dominance, etc. Are they atrocities when animals do them to each other? Does the creator care? No, it's the natural order in the animal system.

In humans, we have 2 or possibly 3 natures: animal, mind and possibly spirit. It is the animal nature which is generally behind a human atrocity. This is the way humans were created (if they were created). Would the creator create humans w an animal nature, and expect them to not resort to it at times? Does he expect animals to not be animals?

S

• Apathy
    Apathy

OKAY. ONE. LAST. TIME.
    JOKE.

• Satanus
    Satanus

*switches satanic tail*

• Preston
    Preston

The idea that God is an oversized white male with a flowing beard who sits in the sky and tallies the fall of every sparrow is ludicrous. But if by "God" one means the set of physical laws that govern the universe, then clearly there is such a God. This God is emotionally unsatisfying . . . It does not make much sense to pray to the law of gravity.

- Carl Sagan

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Poor Apathy

I so love the image...

Scientists searching the Universe for the ultimite answer to the ultimate question, is there a god who cares??

They search the "heavens" with the Hubble telescope and there is the answer, not 47 but a rising middle finger.

F00K yu all!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit