IS THERE A CREATOR WHO CARES ABOUT YOU? (Probably not.)

by Apathy 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Apathy
  • Golf
    Golf

Is it 'really about us' in thr grand scheme of things? I've saidit often, I'm a strong believer in a Creator. My question still stands.

Golf

• Apathy
    Apathy

>_> Actually I meant he probably didn't care about us.

-gestures to the super-imposed Carina Nebula she put on the cover of the book, which resembles a rude hand gesture-
    ._. Geez. It's a joke.

• JH
    JH

Just like Golf, I also believe in a creator. Give him any name you want, there is no importance to me.

Does he care about us? He wouldn't have created us if he wouldn't have cared about us.

So, why would a creator let atrocities go by unpunished?

I think the next chapter of life will tell us. (maybe in 1000 years)

• Apathy
    Apathy

JOKE.
    IT WAS A JOKE.
    -recalls with clarity why she left J-W.com the first time-
    JOKE.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I hear you Apathy. Tough when you have to explain the punchline, eh? :-)

• talesin
    talesin

I got it!

But, I didn't know it was an actual picture of a nebula till you told us ... thought maybe you manipulated it w/ photoshop ...

t

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    So, why would a creator let atrocities go by unpunished?

I agree with JH feelings on the matter, but I try to keep asking questions, like:

1. Who says atrocities will go unpunished?

2. Why would a creator of unlimitless love have any interest whatsoever in punishment? Perhaps God has other ways?

I consider myself a Christian, BUT if God were anything like JWs and conservative Christians believe, which is a relatively modern and erroneous theology, then I would deny such a God, unreservedly.

A god who requires me to believe in him and love him under threat of annihilation...a God who reserves salvation only for those who follow some strange laws and rules, some of which conflict with the royal law of love...a God who says women should submit to men, or who loves straight people more than homosexuals...a God who says only Christians can be saved........ is NOT the God revealed through Jesus Christ in the Bible.

If God or Jehovah were any of these things....and if I believed as some Christians do that this is what the Bible actually teaches, then I reject Jehovah with all my being.

In Christ

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy
    He wouldn't have created us if he wouldn't have cared about us.

Some people breed pit bulls and roosters for fighting.

That doesn't mean that they care about them. It's done for monetary gain and entertainment.

• kid-A
    kid-A

I believe in the greatest 'creator' of all time....its called the HUMAN MIND....and IT created god....many many aeons ago...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit