OMG - Part 18 of my exit story EXPLODES !!!

by Amazing1914 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Cognitive_Dissident
    Cognitive_Dissident

Wow. Now that is the definition of irony. Right on, Jim. I hope all goes smoothly with getting the book published.

CD

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

All the best with the book, Jim. I look forward to reading it, and as for the story about the overseer, I can't say I'm surprised.

• Undecided
    Undecided

It doesn't matter what any organization claims, there will be bad people in all of them. The WTS is no exception, they are just a little more skilled at covering it up and making bad things seem good to the membership. Sometimes good people do bad things, which they regret and will never repeat it. The human character is a puzzle to me and I really wonder what makes us what we are.

Ken P.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

How would I describe the end of Amazing's story?

Part 18 is an incredible conclusion to an extraordinary account of the life and times of a sincere Jehovah's Witness elder who became an outspoken critic of Jehovah's Witnesses and in so doing became an enemy of some of Oregon's most devious elders, yet he lived to tell the tale!

On a more serious note, of great value to me are Amazing's following words which I will tape to my computer center as a reminder:

"What is all this worth to me now? How do we assess the reason for our experience as JWs? What can we take with us that will prove useful to others so that we can leave this world a little better than we found it? My only thought is that ex-JWs can act like “social antibiotics” and be there to help others exiting cults ... or better yet – preventing their entry in the first place ... maybe in some cosmic way it is our lot to help bring an end to the madness and be the contributing cause of the demise of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society as it is today. Maybe long after we become fertilizer, some future historians or mental health professionals will shower kind words on us for helping to expose the folly of mind-control. Who knows?"

Barbara

• Golf
    Golf

Amazing 1914, some years ago I read a book by Steven Naifeh & Gregory White Smith titled, "The Mormon Murders," a true story of greed, forgery, deceit and death. I must say, it was very interesting. They wanted to make a movie out of it but the Church's political influence prevented it.

Give you any ideas?

Golf

• luna2
    luna2

What an interesting development. He did sound like a pretty shady character with all his investment schemes and now it's well and truly proven. Wonder if this guy has always been a crook and decided that having a cover as a witnoid would be a benefit. Nothing like having a whole world of gullible sheep to use right at your fingertips.

Boy, the WTS is really making a fine name for itself lately. Pedophile cover-ups in the news and now this mafia-connected guy acting as Special Rep for them. The world will probably accept that the WTS was duped and not culpable, but we know that Bethel especially is supposed to be swirling with Holy Spirit. Seems like the good ole' HS kind of dropped the ball again.

• Ticker
    Ticker

Thanks Jim, I'll look for it on the net when it comes out. Glad you wrote down your story and are getting it published for others to read.

Ticker

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Sounds like another nail has been put in the WTS coffin sad to say this maybe truer than we wish:

Maybe long after we become fertilizer, some future historians or mental health professionals will shower kind words on us for helping to expose the folly of mind-control. ; Who knows?"

But hey good to be a part of history eh? I'm really looking forward to the book Jim.

Long live Jim!

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Look forward to reading the book. I always enjoyed your posts and I always relayed your info to Clyde.

How is your health? I remember you were having some problems. Hope they are past you now.

Bonnie

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Look forward to reading the book. I always enjoyed your posts and I always relayed your info to Clyde.

How is your health? I remember you were having some problems. Hope they are past you now.

Bonnie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit