What Belief or Teaching Do You Think The Watchtower Will Next Abandon?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I think they'll move towards supplanting "annointed" ones in leadership positions, with members of the GC. It's either that , or continue to have a steady stream of younger brothers claiming to be annointed......even if they where born in 1971.

Wait......wait a minute......I have a strange feeling.......poof I'm annointed...................

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

144000 will become symbolic. - Top up the controllers and give the sheep something else to look forward to when they stop believing in an iminent armagedon.

Blood will become, 'OK in emergancy' - a conscience issue

Homosexuallity - don't ask don't tell - oops, they already have that one

Child abuse - don't ask don't tell, oops, see above.

steve

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

They should go back on birthdays,child babtism,and counting time .I think these are the some things certain members of the rank and file don't understand.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

The WTBS is and will always continue to cleverly, secretly and cautiously refrain from emphasizing certain doctrines that have become controversial and difficult to maintain, such as 1914.

Historically, the WTBS will cease to devote publicized printed material to a doctrine that is generating uncontrollable controversy and causing decreases in membership and recruitment. The typical approach (check older threads from AlanF.) has been to quietly scale back the public teaching and printing of a certain doctrine.

After a period where in which the WTBS leadership works behind the scenes to either re-invent, re-write, or modify the doctrine and include inventive and creative biblical and divine justification for the change, then the doctrine is allowed to gradually re-surface in it's "new and improved" state and the rolls are asked to make adjustments.

If it cannot be re-invented, then it quietly disappears from the publications, then from the platform and then from the shelves, until it has disappeared from the JW vernacular. Older JW's who take longer to adjust are viewed as "stale and not keeping up with the truth and light" and are encouraged by youngers ones to keep pace with God's organization.

You have all seen and experienced this in the past with 1975, the Generation teachings, how to treat disfellowshipped/disassociated ones, etc, etc, etc.

The WTBS has so far cautiously avoided making a broad and recognizable acknowledgment of public error and public retractions of doctrinal controversies in recent times and will probably continue that unwritten policy and method of casually, subliminally and gradually removing certain issues from the JW feeding table.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Addendum: Upcoming Changes in Doctrine (Speculations)

1. I believe that the WTBS "re-arrange" and possibly modify the current requirements for PIONEERS, AUXILIARY PIONEERS and SPECIAL PIONEERS.

The reasons for the change are:

A) the reduction in hours, volunteers and pioneers in developed western nations.
    B) the need to make special service assignments more appealing, easier to attain and demonstrate a demand

2. I believe the WTBS will receive "new divine light" regarding the roles and responsibilities of christian women in the organization, and thus, create/invent new positions of service for sisters.

The reasons for new positions of service for women are:

A) new service positions will not adversely affect the current structure designed to promote male oversight
    B) to prevent any possible development of any trend towards a gradual exodus of women out of the organization, since the vast majority of recruitment and support work is performed by women
    C) that new positions represent a "reward" from Jehovah to the faithful workers who emulate PROV 31.

3. I believe the WTBS will again receive new light and being carefully re-writing/modifying the written instructions in publications like "Pay Attention & Organize to Accomplish Ministry" that are provided to "spiritual agents" of the local congregations.

The reasons for re-writing instructions are:

A) there is a need to legally define, distinguish and separate the potential liability in case of judgmental errors, policy errors, enforcement errors and human errors made in dealing with indiviual adherents.
    B) to protect the WTBS from expensive litigation and prevent negative publicity
    C) to shift the burden of responsibility and legal liability to the individual in congregational service rather than implicate the WTBS in any dangerous matter

Those are my three main specualtions, although I have others. Most of this is already known and probaly already contained in some previous thread.

• acsot
    acsot

Utopian: great post. Nice to have you back .

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Thx Ascot! Great to be back and getting a different brand of therapy from the JWD family! It's a life saver, for real.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I think any changes they might make will be designed to tighten their control, not loosen it. I don't think they'll see any increased privileges for women or relaxing of any other rules. One of their biggest problems is their apathetic sales force that is spending less time knocking on doors and more time surfing the internet, or just trying to live a normal life.

I think any future new lightâ„¢ will be something to increase their urgency - maybe a "new understanding" of some "prophetic scripture" that will strengthen their conviction that "armageddon is just around the corner".

W

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Hi W! (Finally Free):

I do agree with you for the most part. Controlling individuals/entities generally respond to a loss of control (or perceived loss of control) by "tightening the reins". However, when I specualte that new positions of service may be created for sisters, I don't mean they will enjoy more freedom, JUST NEW OPPORTUNITIES TO WORK HARDER WITH A NEW TITLE!

Perhaps by creating some new so-called privileges of service for women, those sisters that are becoming tired of the pioeering grind (your so-called sales force), the WTBS can offer something new and refreshing to make the same old stale work load appear like a new challenge, direction or spiritual initiative.

You are right about some eventual new light surfacing soon to light the flames of armageddon paranoia again before the candles flicker out and complacency begins affecting the majority. They will have to make armageddon more attractive now that everyone has internet access and they will have to carefully posture their evidence as the release the new and improved signs of of the end.

Nice Post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit