What Belief or Teaching Do You Think The Watchtower Will Next Abandon?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

In my imagination, I see the blood policy becoming a conscience matter, though with the Society still preaching its disapproval. It would also be nice to see the baptismal questions go back to what they were (either previous version) but somehow I don't see that happening.

• kid-A
    kid-A

My guess would be they will revise the secret Elders manual and remove the "2 witness" requirement for reporting crimes like molestation, if these lawsuits succeed,

they may be legally forced to do this or suffer continued class action lawsuits from molestation survivors.

• Scully
    Scully

They might loosen their death grip a bit on how to deal with family members who are No Longer Jehovah's Witnesses™, just long enough for the relationships to start warming up and feeling comfortable again. Then like a band-aid stuck to a large scab, they'll rip it off and make it bleed all over again.

• Mary
    Mary

607 BCE but still somehow keep 1914 as a significant year.

Fat chance. This is probably the last doctrine they'd ever change because the whole religion is based around 1914. Without 607 BCE, Witnesses wouldn't be slow to figure out that the religion is just one big lie and you'd see a bigger and faster Exodus than what the Egyptians saw 3,500 years ago.

I think the next teaching they'll change is allowing auxilary pioneers to only need 40 hours in each month. They'll drone on and on and on about how loving a provision this is from Jehovah and shouldn't we be thankful to belong to His Organization?

Or, they'll say that ever time you say "Jehovah" or "Jesus" or "The Faithful and Discreet Slave says..." you can now count that as time on your Service Report........this will again, show how loving and merciful Jehovah is and will have absolutely nothing to do with falling stats.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

: I think the next teaching they'll change is allowing auxilary pioneers to only need 40 hours in each month.

And there'll be pressure to make one's time count, not just to count time. Elders would have to be ever-vigilant to keep on top of such things. Fat chance, elders are all ready overworked and overburdened.

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

I think that in order to simplify they'll cut out singing at church.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    remove the "2 witness" requirement for reporting crimes like molestation

...and insist that two-thirds of the Governing Body must witness the act...

• talesin
    talesin

I think that BLOOD is the next to go. During my discussion with my mom a couple of weeks ago, I brought up blood fractions and doctrinal changes and compared it to cannibalism and transplants, and she stammered on about blood and transplants always being a conscience matter!!!! WTF????

tal

• luna2
    luna2

I was going to say that perhaps they'd drop a meeting, but they almost can't do that and still keep up the level of indoctrination into new light. It's important to have people at the KH regularly to keep supplanting old crap with new crap ...that's why you have such confused people who don't even remember what was taught as fact in the not so distant past. It all merges together in their minds, and because the WT articles are now all written in such a way that you can prove both sides of an argument by quoting select sentances, they make it easier and easier to change positions and be able to dredge up "proof" that this is what they said all along.

I'll vote for having women be able to serve as heads of some of the more menial duties at the KH. Ha, maybe they'll make a special ministerial servant-type position for cleaning and grounds keeping priviledges and slot some sisters into that. Then they could also let these special sisters do actual talks in the TMS. Hey, then the GB could ordain a standardized head-covering rule (so the sisters didn't use diapers or plastic bags).

• minimus
    minimus

I think they will do less overt public things like disfellowshipping for legal reasons and instead instruct the brothers to simply treat them as a df'd one. Presto---no problemo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit