what will you not do now that...

by BlackSwan of Memphis 15 Replies latest jw friends

• CinemaBlend
    CinemaBlend

Start smokin reefer...

That is if I can figure out how to get it. Being a JW doesn't properly equip you to find a pot dealer.

• Ellie
    Ellie

I will not rudely wake people up on a Saturday morning in an effort to try and place magazines.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I no longer judge people just because they think differently than I do. I no longer pray for the destruction of billions of people.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I feel that I'm MORE moral since I've left.

Me too. I've definitely re-evaluated my moral values and aligned them with what's really important, instead of ignoring the important things and worrying about insignificant things (ie, how many inches my skirt goes above my knees or if a CD I own contains a cuss word).

One example I can think of is that now I'm more responsible about the environment. When I was a JW I was taught it didn't matter to conserve, avoid creating extra garbage, recycling, etc. because J was going to clean up the earth soon anyway. Now I show consideration for others and for future generations. Boycotting smurfs is much less significant than that.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    One example I can think of is that now I'm more responsible about the environment. When I was a JW I was taught it didn't matter to conserve, avoid creating extra garbage, recycling, etc. because J was going to clean up the earth soon anyway. Now I show consideration for others and for future generations. Boycotting smurfs is much less significant than that.

Yeah. I can relate to that. Taking care of what I have now is important to me.

Getting sick on Tues, Thurs and Sund.....lol, by last summer when I really stopped wanting to go, I said to people,

"The kids are sick." then they would say "Weren't they just sick?" then I would say "Yeah, it's been a bad month"

pace

BlackSwan

• Gill
    Gill

I will not look down my nose at people, feeling sorry for them because Jehovah's going to kill them all soon at Armageddon, because they're not God's chosen people.

Yeah, I was a real brainwashed twit!

I won't feel different to other people, as if I'm not part of the human race.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit