Impart Faith in Christ...with an M4!

by ISP 23 Replies latest jw friends

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    I was against the war and even wrote my congressman but I do know this. I would rather live in the U.S.A than anywhere on earth. At least we have that right to criticize our leaders and if enough people think something needs to change then it does. Personaly I think the above site is sick and wrong. But that is only my opinion. It's OK for others not to agree with me. I have that right because of men in the past that died in war to keep all of my hairy ass free. Thank God for these men and women.

Has anyone actually looked at that site? It's about a group of soldiers who minister to other soldiers; the worst they do is skydive.

• ISP
    ISP

Classicist........I did not say they forced conversions in actual fact.

I thought the armed forces already had representatives to administer religion etc.

ISP

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

It's funny how people can take a two-second look at the website, see gun-toting people in army greens in connection with the word 'ministry' and get the complete wrong idea.

It's about ministry work for military personnel, not forcing people to become Christian. It may appear to be 'hard-hitting' because it better reaches it's intended audience (military personnel). (edit): Members of the group are military personnel. In addition to providing their services to the military, they also evangilize to others. Their view point is summarized on their site:

In this era of Gen-X extremism, it's proving harder and harder to capture the attention of the world's youth. If it doesn't go over 100 miles per hour, make a lot noise, put a hole in your lip, or turn your hair a different color, it probably won't get a second glace. This no doubt, makes evangelism challenging for many of today's ministries.
    Enter Force Skydiving. Imagine a group of today's youth standing around with their skateboards and piercing's, when all of a sudden, one of them looks up and sees an aircraft at 12,000 feet, with a smoke trail. What appear to be 5 human beings have exited the airplane, all of them trailing a stream of smoke. Nearly a minute later, brightly colored parachute with the single word, "FORCE" boldly visible, begin to open. All witnessing these daring stunts are curious to see if these guys can pull off a landing and live to tell about it. They quickly make their way to the 'drop zone' where they notice a thousand other kids watching the beautiful parachute formations and spectacular landings.
    Immediately following the jump the jumpers quickly make their way to a stage were they began to speak a truth never before heard by many in the audience and soon a life changing realization comes over the newcomers.
  • the_classicist
    the_classicist
    Classicist........I did not say they forced conversions in actual fact.

"Impart Faith in Christ... with an M4." It seemed like you were more than implying it to me, but if I misunderstood, I apologise. (though the definition of "impart" would lead one to think otherwise).

I thought the armed forces already had representatives to administer religion etc.

Yes, but this website centres on soldiers making their tour a "Christ-centered duty." It's definitely silly, but it's certainly been taken it out of context.

• ISP
    ISP

One of the captions they have in the presentation...is 'Impart Faith in Christ' and the soldier is brandishing an automatic weapon. Have a look..

ISP

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    One of the captions they have in the presentation...is 'Impart Faith in Christ' and the soldier is brandishing an automatic weapon. Have a look..

Irrelevent. You said, "Impart Faith in Christ... with an M4." Just because two things are right next to each other, doesn't mean that they are converting people with M4's: it's taking two things out of context and melding them together for a sensationalistic title.

• avishai
    avishai
    For folks with a priviliged background to use religion/christianity in the way they do is bizarre. But fundamentalist Islam has its problems wjich you have alluded to. I can make some allowances for the ignorance, lack of education etc that exists but the moral high ground you are trying to get does not exist. The treatment of detainees, some of which are minors, in Guantanomo Bay is a joke. So was the war on Iraq, so was the treatment of prisoners, so was the exploitation of Iraqi oil by US companies. In fact as bizarre as the web site is ...the thrust of it is not far off what Bush has come out with from time to time.

ISP

What the heck are you talking about? like in the Homosexuality thread, you're having a tendency to ramble here, bud, also like that thread, LOTS orf empty rhetoric and mudslinging and zero proof.

• ISP
    ISP
    Just because two things are right next to each other

Yep and they should not be...the christian message has nothing to do with militarism. The topic title was meant to be sensationalist hence the ..!

ISP

• ISP
    ISP
    What the heck are you talking about? like in the Homosexuality thread, you're having a tendency to ramble here, bud, also like that thread, LOTS orf empty rhetoric and mudslinging and zero proof.

Really? There is plenty proof for everything said in this thread and the other one you mentioned.

ISP

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

What I find the most scary is the overuse of Flash.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit