A Nice Experience I Had on Sunday

by dunsscot 25 Replies latest jw friends

• dunsscot
    dunsscot

:Actions speak louder than words.
    I think someone once said.:

If I was really that arrogant, I would not get along so well with my fellow workers or with the students on my campus. As Chris Tucker says (I think), 'You don't know me.' In other words, the inet often obscures the true personality of a particular forum participant. You need to distinguish fantasy from reality, my friend. But I will say you have been one of the most open-minded friendly individuals here. But I cannot forget Dave, larc, or seeker. I wish you well as you work on your degree. :-)

Duns the Scot

• dunsscot
    dunsscot

:Ok.....and why exactly tell us?? I mean besides the obvious reason that you subconsciously crave our approval and love.

I guess I was simply trying to share an edifying story. Duns was also being, well, a dunce. <G>

:P.S. (Is that a Tom cruise impersonation??? Gt it!! Got it!?!?!?!?!? get it?? GOT IT!!!!)

No, Duns is just being a dunce again. I've never seen that many Tom Cruise movies.

Suaviter in modo fortiter in re,
    Duns (S.G.)

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    I have never sold magazines from door to door in my life.

Funny, you've got to count your time somehow to stay in good standing. Discussing Greek inflections with elders doesn't count, IIRC.

It was a nice and upbuilding experience because I often crave some type of intellectual stimulation within the congregation.

Although "gold is where you find it", I'd go to a known gold bearing area if I was looking for gold than somewhere where gold had never been found. Similarly, were I looking for intellectual stimulation, I certainly wouldn't head to the local KH (I doubt you are part of the Bulli congregation, Dunsscot, and you're the only Dub I've known to show even a vague interest in Biblical Greek).

And no, I don't read Origen if I can possibly avoid doing so - the guy was a nutcase - had himself castrated to stop being distracted from the "more important things" and regretted it forever after. So, what did he say?

And interestingly you admit that you get your intellectual stimulation here, even if it's rowdy, while its occurrence at your KH is few and far between:

It was a nice and upbuilding experience because I often crave some type of intellectual stimulation within the congregation. For once, I did not have to come and holler at youse guys to get it!

Just think Duns, if you leave us, you'll miss us when we're gone!

Q: How do you know a Dub loyal to "Jehovah's Organisation" is lying?
    A: Their lips are moving.

• dunsscot
    dunsscot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have never sold magazines from door to door in my life.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:Funny, you've got to count your time somehow to stay in good standing. Discussing Greek inflections with elders doesn't count, IIRC.

Well of course I go in service and offer life's water free, if that is what you mean. But I've never sold any magazines.

quote:
    It was a nice and upbuilding experience because I often crave some type of intellectual stimulation within the congregation.

:Although "gold is where you find it", I'd go to a known gold bearing area if I was looking for gold than somewhere where gold had never been found. Similarly, were I looking for intellectual stimulation, I certainly wouldn't head to the local KH (I doubt you are part of the Bulli congregation, Dunsscot, and you're the only Dub I've known to show even a vague interest in Biblical Greek).

Admittedly, most Witnesses do not want to discuss (in-depth) certain subjects that I think indirectly relate to the Bible anyway. But even Clement of Alexandria (not Origen) spoke about the Christians of his day, who possessed the "simple faith" required for salvation. But there were other believers that Clement identified as "gnostics." These Christians were eruditious, yet far and few between. Origen also reports that some Christians of his day were bored with the rudiments of Christian teaching. He tried to rememdy the problem by teaching them all about philosophy and other academic subjects. In the Witness organization today, there are also a few brothers and sisters, who manifest a scholarly inclination. I have enjoyed being around these friends.

:And no, I don't read Origen if I can possibly avoid doing so - the guy was a nutcase - had himself castrated to stop being distracted from the "more important things" and regretted it forever after. So, what did he say?

As I mentioned the other day, he alluded to the biblical proverb about a drunkard who gets a thorn in his hand by mistake. So an unwise person sometimes stumbles upon the truth. You got to watch Duns' enigmatic locution.

:Just think Duns, if you leave us, you'll miss us when we're gone!

You guys and girls stimulate my intellect, but the price to stay here may be too high. Besides, school starts in a few weeks and I will be occupied with research and thesis writing then. But thanks for the fun.

Duns the Scot

• Deacon
    Deacon

I am not writing to agree or disagree with Dunny the Scott. What I have to say, however, regards Dunny's conscious decision to jump on everything that is written, said, or even implied and label it as either fork-tongued or filthy. Instead of focusing on why he bases his machinations on the belief that he can achieve his goals by friendly and moral conduct,

I would like to remind people that if one believes statements like, "Without Dunny's superior guidance, we will go nowhere," one is, in effect, supporting what I call ostentatious Philistines. His remonstrations are based on hate. Hate, gnosticism, and an intolerance of another viewpoint, another way of life.

By now, the reader has discerned that the sinful nature of Dunny's holier-than-thou attitudes distracts us from the real lessons we could learn from a rigorous critique of his philippics. So let me just add that it would be wrong to imply that he is involved in some kind of conspiracy to cause one-sided press releases to be entered into historical fact. It would be wrong because his invectives are far beyond the conspiracy stage. Not only that, but far too many people tolerate his slurs as long as they're presented in small, seemingly harmless doses.

What people fail to realize, however, is that there should be a law against this. Let's remember that. The comparison between Dunny the Scott and cruel voluptuaries is remarkable. That is why, come what may, we must enable all people to achieve their potential as human beings.

He should be hung by his testicles until the word ouch! is heard emitting from between his lips...

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Well of course I go in service and offer life's water free, if that is what you mean. But I've never sold any magazines.

Hmmm. It looks, walks and quacks like a duck, and yet you're saying it's not a duck...

You got to watch Duns' enigmatic locution.

"Meat in due season", perhaps? You one of the annointed, now Duns?

You guys and girls stimulate my intellect, but the price to stay here may be too high.

If your loving elders find out, you mean!

He should be hung by his testicles until the word ouch! is heard emitting from between his lips...

I'm reserving that particular punishment for Fred, now that he's started making light of the whole institutionalised paedophile protection thing.

Q: How do you know a Dub loyal to "Jehovah's Organisation" is lying?
    A: Their lips are moving.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit