life's fragile

by doofdaddy 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Purza
    Purza

Welcome back. Glad you were able to meet some selfless people. That is awesome.

Purza

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Hey, Doof! I'm so glad you made it home safe, if not totally sound. What a harrowing experience on top of the Tsunami experiences I'm looking forward to hearing about.

Take care. Glad you're ok.

Hugs

Brenda

• kls
    kls

That must have been really scary and glad you are back and well.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Thankyou !!

I just woke up so sorry about slow response. It's lunch time here!!

Part of the effect of viral fever is anxiety, so you can imagine my mind state......

Home smells sweet guys. Youré all wonderful.

• horrible life
    horrible life

I'm suprised that you didn't stay with a nice JW couple. I suspect that there were hundreds of JW's dispatched to the region to help the victims. HL

I'm so glad you are doing much better.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

doofdaddy,

Glad you're home safely...maybe not soundly.

But you're right. Life is fragile. Today my friend's grandmother died. Watching my friend find out and go through that inital shock and grief process was difficult. But it made me realize how little I have to complain about.

Andi

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Yeah I must admit, I started to think a little about christianity after the love shown by these people until the woman said there is no use just liking what you hear, you must act on jesus commands.

Sounded familiar (being told what to do and when to do it)

See ya jesus

I also must say that I showed my appreciation in a financial and physical way to these kind people, I didn't just use ém and run.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

doof,

Yeah I must admit, I started to think a little about christianity after the love shown by these people until the woman said there is no use just liking what you hear, you must act on jesus commands.

Sounded familiar (being told what to do and when to do it)

See ya jesus

Just because that's what she says doesn't make it true. "Christians" like that don't get it. Sorry it left a bad taste in your mouth.

Andi

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Don't worry, I got a bible from a guy and its in my pack....

It's just that christians are so in to outward appearances. So many need to see the effect of their words on you, as if it's a gauge of their spiritual ability....

One thing I have learned from my search is that belief is so unique and personal, who can judge by the external??

• luna2
    luna2

Wow, what a harrowing experience. I 've gotten sick a time or two when on the road (and once in the air), but nothing as bad as that. Glad you had kind people there to lend you a hand. Also glad you made it home mostly in one piece. Welcome Back!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit