life's fragile

by doofdaddy 22 Replies latest jw friends

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I just got back today from a month in Sri Lanka and it was nearly my last trip! Caught a viral fever while volunteering at a hospital for tsunami victims. Long story but If it wasn't for a young English med student, I could be a statistic now.

This experience has taught me how precious and fragile life is and how easy it can disappear. I also must say that a pentacostal couple took me in and took care of me after the hospital, a doctor and his wife also from the UK. Real christians.

It may sound corny but I missed this discussion forum too, just couldn't access decent email facilities!!

Great to be back.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Wow... sounds like a nightmare. Its bad when you are ill at home, i guess being abroad makes it much worse.

Glad to have you back (in one peice!!!)

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Thanks Paul

Yeah at one point we were racing down this windy road through tea plantations heading to a hospital and we came to this village. I couldn't talk but remember seeing this village in a dream and in the dream I died......My friend the med student was shaking me so I wouldn't go out to it. That was the lowest point.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Blimey. Have you fully recovered now? If nothing else, its a great story to tell!!!

I bet you missed the cricket as well!!!!

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Just arrived home tonight. Feeling pretty weak but nearly kissed the ground at Brisbane airport, two day trip home...

Man the cricket! The English doctor dragged me to the Colombo cricket club to watch the last test. I'm feeling seedy and he's rubbing it in with every wicket. He was pissed at the draw. Wanted to kill the Kiwi umpire. Think he went blind on that lbw I must admit. Otherwise great season(yes the other Poms rubbed in the win)

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip
    Man the cricket! The English doctor dragged me to the Colombo cricket club to watch the last test. I'm feeling seedy and he's rubbing it in with every wicket. He was pissed at the draw. Wanted to kill the Kiwi umpire. Think he went blind on that lbw I must admit. Otherwise great season(yes the other Poms rubbed in the win)

doofy's viral infection has him talking in tongues.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

LOL or it could be the demons....

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Sorry Ms Whip. We convicts have a thing going with the old empire called the ashes Long story....(I don't usually follow cricket but hey the guy saved my life!!!).

• Es
    Es

wow that must have been pretty scary, glad is all well now and welcome back es

• Satanus
    Satanus

Glad you're still in this dimension. Thank the med student and those pentles.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit