Comments You Will Not Hear at the 8-21-05 WT Study (Faithful)

by blondie 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Rayvin
    Rayvin
    When we take to heart Paul's advice to `keep testing whether we are in the faith, keep proving what we ourselves are,' we too become a good influence on others

I thought we aren't supposed to test if we are in the faith. If we do that we are borderline apostate aren't we??

If we prove ourself with info other then WTBS stuff then aren't we bad??

• Flash
    Flash
    ...were challenging the authority of the apostle Paul

The apostle Paul was an over-zealous, unbalanced, opinionated and stubborn man and because of which ignored obvious divine warnings thus causing his own pre-mature DEATH (Acts 21). He is hardly an example to follow, unfortunetly the GB and their appointed minions show by both their words and actions that they prefer to live by Paul's teachings rather than those of Jesus.

With the help of people like Paul, the GB continually leads the congregation back to the Law Code that Jesus set us FREE from!

Thank you Blondie

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Thanks for that Blondie, good post. Strange thing though, I had a feeling of deja vu when I read it, like I've seen it all before, and I haven't read a wt in years, let alone studies one at a kh.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    "Keep Proving What You Yourselves Are"

12 Proving what we ourselves are involves self-evaluation. Yes, we can be in

the truth, but what is the level of our spirituality? Proving what we are

involves giving proof of maturity and of genuine appreciation for spiritual

provisions.

Where do they get that way of speaking?

---------------------------------------------------

"Test yourselves. Do you not realize that Jesus Christ is in you? -- unless indeed you fail to meet the test!"
    A basic start for "is Jesus Christ in me?" would be "What do I say?"

For a jw the answer is, "I have the new light in me - it is now current truth".

......it doesn't sound like Jesus Christ.

---------------------------------------------------

Can you imagine Jesus returning and appearing to the apostles saying, "Remember that stuff I told you about and prophesied, well that's not true anymore - just listen again, this is what is actually true." AND THEN doing the same thing over again.

And after listening fervently the disciples turned to each other and said, "Yeah right, whatever", and Paul, in spirit, turned also and said, "Your mama."

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

what's the worst that could happen if i use these comments?

• Will Power
    Will Power

thanks again Blondie - I don't know how you do it.

great comment Pole:

" Most mentally independent people will see what this advice boils down to right away: If brain-washing doesn't work, do some double-brainwashing.

The only problem the WTS writers have is how to get across a message which is as stupid as that to those who are already having doubts."

AND THE FLIP SIDE OF THIS IS;
    see, ..... we're not brainwahed - it's not a cult - the WT encourages us to research and study "to make sure of all things"
    so since they allow this.....I don't have to do it...... if they had somehting to hide the wouldn't encourage us! ....I don't need to read from any other source cause the WT does very detailed research and god is using them
    - SO YOU SEE YOU ARE WRONG !!! I CAN READ ANYTHING I WANT
    BUT I CHOOSE NOT TO
    ...... blah, blah,

you know how it goes....

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

P11 "Should we not strive to maintain a positive spritual view of what we read in our books magazines and other publications and what we hear at our meetings from the elders"

Huh? , So we have to strive struggle to keep positive about what the WT teaches. How come ? If it were any good then the flock would not have to struggle to keep positive about it

P14 "How do we respond when we come accross article that discuss deeper truths? Do we tend to shy away from them because they contain some things hard to understand?"

Come on, it is not rocket science! The only reason it is "Hard to understand" is because it is false ! That is the reason that I always shied away from having to explain the Chronology to the year 1914. Deep down I knew that it did not add up. And when I found the courage to face the fact, it was plain as day.. This article would have the dubs suppress any doubts, consider themselves inadequate to understand these things , when in fact, it is just not true... as simple as that

The article plays on guilt. Any lingering doubts must be your own fault so study hard , pray hard and get out on the ministry.. Co ercion technique of which George Orwells "Big Brother" would have been proud

• Sheri
    Sheri

Thank you Blondie. I am forwarding this study article to a friend who has recently had her family tell her that she will not be in new system due to not attending meetings last couple years. Although she attended the memorial (for the last time) this year. So sad the Guilt Trips being passed on in the name of Love.

Peace

Sheri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit