Jehovah's Witnesses have abandoned the idea that an Egyptian pyramid has

by jaffacake 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    I have always had a secret fantasy of making a movie about his life....a comedy of course.....I think Bill Murray would play a great CT Russell!!!

[email protected] agree!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    All the new Kingdom Halls could be in the shape of a pyramid; the inside could look like that Egyptian temple in the movie Young Sherlock Holmes.

It would give them an excuse to start collecting money for even more construction projects.

W

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

New! From The Oldlight House! alt

http://www.lulu.com/content/143371 <-- go here to order, please.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Seriously, tho, the early members of the WTBTS were "Theosophists".............anyone ever hear of Madame Blavatsky and her Theosophical Society? Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was involved in something similar around the same time as the whole "Rutherford Finding Divine Truth" period............I think, if my memory serves me correctly?

• Buster
    Buster

That Proclaimers reference is just another lie of ommission.

They want people to see that they came to their senses, that they simply dropped an untenable belief. No such thing, those lying sacks.

It is true that the Bible Students not only stopped teaching that the pyramid was designed by God. But they replaced that belief that the pyramid was actually designed by Satan, as a device to mislead the true servants-o-jo-hoba. It is THAT 180-degree turn around to an equally-loony belief that they lie about when they omit it from a half-truth.

• jaffacake
  • Gill
    Gill

I have just read that section on the Quotes website, on the pyramid. I'm still laughing now.

I think if the JWs had still been teaching that crap when I was born into JWs I would have realised pretty quickly what a load of looney toons they all were. Pity I never looked into the old Watchtower books in the library!

What a bunch of idiots!

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    the Bible Students not only stopped teaching that the pyramid was designed by God. But they replaced that belief that the pyramid was actually designed by Satan,

But even after Russells death, Rutherford too still continued to teach it was designed by God. What changed their mind was new light, but not from the faithful & discreet slave, but from the discovery of King Tut's tomb. Right up to that point, the Watchtower was openly scoffing those who claimed that pyramids were used as tombs for dead Pharoahs. New light - just swap God for Satan as designer, after a few decades no one will notice.

• badboy
    badboy

aRE THEY SURE WHEN THEY SAY THAT,BECAUSE THE old bible srudents STILL PEDDLE THAT

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Yes that quote is hilarous - inches relating to years, HONESTLY! Mind you, doesnt that scripture say "an inch for a year, an inch for a year" Maybe they have something after all...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit