Jehovah's Witnesses have abandoned the idea that an Egyptian pyramid has

by jaffacake 22 Replies latest jw friends

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

One of many favourite quotes from the Watchtower's own official history (1995)

PROCLAIMERS *** jv chap. 14 p. 200 “They Are No Part of the World” ***

Practices That Have Been Abandoned

For some 35 years, Pastor Russell thought that the Great Pyramid of Gizeh was God’s stone witness, corroborating Biblical time periods. (Isa. 19:19) But Jehovah’s Witnesses have abandoned the idea that an Egyptian pyramid has anything to do with true worship.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

For some insane reason, that quote makes me giggly, especially if I say "abandoned" in my head over and over and over and over and over...........................................

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

russell was one wild dude, man. i think he liked the reefer. and now we have a religion. great!

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

what would the average witness even do with that information?

• kid-A
    kid-A

Its worth reading Russell's Pyramid treatise in "Thy Kingdom Come", like some bizarre LSD trip!! I think some of the chapter is posted on Danny Haszards website....

Russell was one far-out dude, man!

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    Russell was one far-out dude, man!

Why wash your mouth! Russell was Divinely ordained by God as the faithful and discreet slave - it says so in the finished Mystery, published by Rutherford after Russell's death. Now Rutherford must be right - after all he was the one who came up with the name Jehovah's Witnesses!

My favourite photo is the one of Rutherford and dozens of Bethelites enjoying the Christmas dinner surrounded by all the Xmas decorations. Ahhh the right spiritual food...at the right time...

• kid-A
    kid-A

Yes I forgot....Charles was the "Laodecian Messenger"?? Did you know he asked to be buried in a TOGA??? LOL.

I have always had a secret fantasy of making a movie about his life....a comedy of course.....I think Bill Murray would play a great CT Russell!!!

• Honesty
    Honesty

Jehovah’s Witnesses have abandoned the idea that an Egyptian pyramid has anything to do with true worship.

But they couldn't afford to abandon the reason behind the Great Pyramid because without it the spiritual temple could not have been inspected by Jesus in 1918-1919.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Just a thought, but I think the JWs should go back to believing that the Great Pyramid has some prophetic significance. That would make them uber-cool. Just imagine changing the Watchtower logo with that of a pyramid, maybe with some Egyptian numbers all over it. All the new Kingdom Halls could be in the shape of a pyramid; the inside could look like that Egyptian temple in the movie Young Sherlock Holmes. I think it's a great idea.

Hell, they might get some New Age people to convert if they resumed their pyramidology.

B.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    russell was one wild dude, man. i think he liked the reefer. and now we have a religion. great!

LMAO.....TS.........I recently learned that Buddha was high from daily imbibing Ganja for a month straight.............when he received "enlightenment". It's all good! Peace Out! Terri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit