Eureka I think I've got it!

by Lady Lee 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I was sitting here facing yet another box of JW books. Most of them were older books but 3 were those new paperbacks they are putting out.

So as I'm sitting there tearing these sad excuses for doctrine I was wondering why the society would change their format. After all, they have been printing their books for eons and they are so easily recognizable. What reason would there be to change that - well besides the $$$ they save in printing. (like they really need to save money ciz they are so poor.

That's when the lightbulb went on.

JWs are pretty good at building large libraries in their homes of all the WT books. They don't throw them away. They line the walls with them. They cart them off to book studies and to "the book study". They get underlined and written in and saved. Sometimes the book study even repeats a study of the same book.

Well I know when I had to study a book the second time I saw no reason to buy a new one when I had a perfectly good one in my library that I could use again. We won't mention the number of times the books differed and no one wondered why the editions were different. We just went with the newer one without question. And those older bound books lasted a very long time.

Well I have this sneaking suspicion that those new paper covered books don't last nearly as long as the hard cover. So when a book is restudied people pretty much have to buy a new one.

There are two benefits to the WTS of this.

1. people have to keep buying the same book because the old one fell apart = increased $ale$
    2. people will be less likely to notice the changes made from one edition to the next = more control over what they teach and a greater ability to hide their constant revisions
  • Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

What??!! The WTS is putting out paperbacks now?? I have been out a long time.

What a bunch of losers.

Sherry

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yet another blessing from Jehover... take away their money so they have to publish books that will not last as long... that way the New Light (TM) will not be noticed.

• Ellie
    Ellie

I thought the literature was free???

• Sassy
    Sassy

its only free if someone fails to tell you that their work is part of a world wide damn.. I forget.. have I been out that long..

maybe cuz I usually hated the part where you tell them about how they can donate money.. so I usually left it off..

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Actually,one of the main reasons jw's re-study the same book at the book study is because bethel sometimes get an-over inventory of a certain book.So to drop their inventory they just re-schedule that book for the book study.Now,not every jw will get a new copy but enough will to make a dent in the inventory and clear some shelves at bethel.I got this from ISOCF.

Goldminer

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

In these 'Last Days' they don't need books 'long term', so no point in printing books to last and survive on bookshelves for long. I just made that up.

I think you are right - with the strobe lighting it's more economical to print books that won't survive, (thus revealing past errors).

• VM44
    VM44

I knew one brother who would photocopy whatever study book was being used, put the copies into a binder, and use that to study and underline.

The original book would thus be left intact

Didn't someone here once say that making a photocopy of the study book for your own use was frowned upon by The Watchtower?

--VM44

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

What you said just reinforced my attitude that the WTBTS don't respect their own .... crap.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Meh. As soon as it's not being studied at the bookstudy, mine goes straight into the garbage. Pay for new ones? We were supposed to pay something? Oops.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit