Becoming a woman...

by Rubyvixen 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prophecor
    prophecor

Paul J, are you serious? There was really this lean, this gender biased propaganda spilling itself from the top down? No wonder so many of are just plain crazy, tortured or demented

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I hated that damn red book. That one combined with the ugly pink book. I got many "lessons" from those two books. I recall studying the YY book, and how I was supposed to skip the chapter on "Growing into Womanhood". I guess they were afraid that I would get horny or something.

• Rubyvixen
    Rubyvixen

Yes!!!

Thank you. That was the book Ezekiel3!

Ugh! Reading those passages now after all these years makes me realize even more how insane it was.

Doesn't seem like it borrowed a bit from the book in the links I provided?

• Rubyvixen
    Rubyvixen

"The "common" cold is quite universal, but this certainly doesn’t mean that you want it, does it? Then what about the claim that masturbation is harmless?"

You gotta love their terrible analogies...

• prophecor
    prophecor
    The fact that a young woman’s physical reflex mechanisms are not so quickly aroused as those of a young man, implies greater self-control on her part, and therefore greater responsibility for maintaining proper standards in her relations with the opposite sex.

So it's the _ _ _ _ _ s fault, in otherwords, if the panties come off because she never assumed the position of greater responsibility for which she has all the power and control, and his REFLEX MECHANISMS are less likely to be contained in a controlled envioronment? A Stiff _ _ _ K Knows no conscience? This is such a crock of _ _ it!!!!

• Rubyvixen
    Rubyvixen

Isn't amazing that people read that (as well as the JW publication quoted in this thread that I referred to) and *actually* believed it??????

It really staggers my mind.

I mean, I was brought up with the book mentioned above but it was always in my nature to question everything and really not fear going against the grain which is why I was disfellowshipped at such a young age. However, my mother seriously to some extent believed that crap and think of all the people taught this junk who retained that.

It's really insidious the conditioning and brainwashing of such literature meant to influence young people.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I should have mentioned these things in my JC when i got reproved.... bummer...

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

What year was the JW book "Your Youth..." published? I'm thinking 1977....

• Rubyvixen
    Rubyvixen

I would love to know the date of publication as well.

• Rubyvixen
    Rubyvixen

Actually I just did a very loose google search on it and came up with 1976.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit