DO YOU FIND THE EXJW'S ARE MORE CARING AND UNDERSTANDING

by orangefatcat 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

Def they are more caring and understanding i guess coz we all have something in common and it makes us compassionate to others experiecing the same thing. es

• PaulJ
    PaulJ
    We should be proud of ourselves

I agree! Its a great community and everyone tries to be there for one another, with no pretense, just genuine concern. Im glad to be here.

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Hmm, if you were a very uncaring person and just don't give a damn about people then I would think you'd tend to be the same if you left and stop being a witnoid! But, of course people can change...

Anyway, here's my take on it:

Asshole in = Asshole out!

M'

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I remember my first topic I posted & I told my story - the amout of encouragement & support I got from the posters was great - here were people that truly understoon what I was going through.

I do think we all are all that more caring & understanding because many have suffered so much, don't want to treat others the way they were treated. We know what "fake" love is about and how there was so much pretend at the KH.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I think ex-jw's are more accepting of people as they really are...which is a great thing.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Some would try to give the impression that because it's cyber, that it's not real, that your feelings, cares and concerns are invalid and have no basis in reality. That could never be farther from the truth. Cyber has come to be one of the greatest mediums to mankind because of the ability to communicate almost instantly with those of your intimate & immediate circle, instataniously. What took 2 to 3 days to communicate in letter, takes place before your eyes in a heartbeat. I have come to be as close, if not even closer to those for whom I've never shared face to face contact with, than even some of my face to face friends. It should not be counted as insignificant because we are spread out all over the planet and can only transmit thoughts and messages thru print, because, some of us have taken it up a notch. There are those here who I've shared converation with thru telephone, cards are, and have been sent and vice versa. I reach right thru the phone and talk to many of you, no differently than I speak with you here in print, or having talked with someone I've known for years. The few I've been blessed to converse with, ear to ear have only helped in forging a more permanent bonding. IM are also no small method of transmitting thoughts and energy to those for who I have come to have a special fondness for. You know who you are. PM's play a distinct role as well, although limited in thier ability to touch, they are no less important, as it's always a pleasure to find a little note in your PM's, in anticipation as to who it's from and what it's about. Some reach out for no reason whatsoever, just wanting to say hi, or how they enjoy my post or just want to say thanks to something I may've said. Some of us email, and it's a wonderful thing to share with so many of you on such various levels of communication. You people are what makes the difference for me crazy twisted life.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Yes, yes they are. I do have to say though, that SOME of the men disappoint me with their still skewed attitude towards women. Other than that, yes, much nicer.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

this has really proved to be a positive thread. I am very content knowing that we have all forged friendships.

it reminds me of something the philosopher Plato said.

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle".
    --Plato

Another great man, Budda also said regarding certain types of friends

An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.
    --Buddha

As for me I will always look for the good in someone but I am also watchful as unfortunately I have been hurt be so called friends. I have good gut instincts and thus far I have been blessed with an overload of great friends.

Be good and kind to one another. AS for this saying, " you get more friends with honey than with vinager."..

love Orangefatcat

• Sassy
    Sassy

I think some of us are more understanding.. it all depends on how bitter we are.. and if we have learnd to cope with the trauma the WTS put on us..

there are some that are meaner than mean too.. fortunately we dont' have to be around them..

• caty
    caty

Don't know too many real-life apostates. The ones I found online like Skally and Mrs. Jones and some others from our old chat are definitely more accepting, kinder, and what's most important, honest. Jw's tell you what you want to hear until you finally seem to be buying into it. Apostates don't pull any punches, and don't make unkeepable promises about the future.

Skally who was THE Apostate to beat all Apostates back in chat, still talked to certain witnesses. The reverse is hardly ever true, well except online where they can't be caught. OR maybe they can, I don't put spying above what the organization will do. In any case, I know some nice jw's, I know some downright nasty apostates, but in general apostates have more desirable qualities.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit