The Atheist's Book of Bible Stories - new - The "Just Pretend" Religion

by RunningMan 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

No, in this case, it's on snopes because it's false. Did you read the refutation? It's pretty darn convincing.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Also, I had friends that vowed they would not buy their children violent toys, they were pacifists and didn't believe in violence and wanted their children to grow up to be like them. I asked how it was going and they rolled their eyes and told me their children (twin boys) would get sticks and either pretend they were swords and hack each other to death or guns and shoot each other. Its in our nature to be violent and blood thirsty, so I'm not shocked and repulsed by the ten plagues game, its a bit bizzare but nothing that is that big a deal from what I see children come up with on their own.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Yes I read the whole thing, I'm not impressed, I make arguements for a living, give me the material and I'll argue any point you want convincingly. As folks are fond of saying around here, show me the facts.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Just out of curiosity, did you mistake this thread for the "preachy athiest" thread, because this seems to have come right out of the blue. And, if you don't mind my saying, if you make arguments for a living, you must live in a cardboard box. Not only have you not presented one, but you even spelled "arguement" wrong.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Okay, now with the personal attacks, eh? Whatever Runningman, sorry if I got in the way of your self agrandizement, please, the forum is yours. Yes, I live in a cardboard box and dumpster dive for food, I'm so sorry that I was foolish enough to comment or question anything you wrote. You have the floor, I won't intrude on your forum again.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Feel free to question anything that I write. But, I don't recall writing anything about either "Ring around the rosie" or the cause of violence.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    And, as for me, well I have a nice little piece of invisible real estate that my local congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses might want to buy. It would make a lovely spot to build an invisible Kingdom Hall.

How about building an invisible Palace for the invisibly-present King to rule from? Maybe that's why he has waited so long to do anything.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    How about building an invisible Palace for the invisibly-present King to rule from? Maybe that's why he has waited so long to do anything.

i already did. he didn't come.

TS

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

kids come up with some pretty demented games, no doubt. it's pretty sick, though, when adults come up with them.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Just a couple of corrections.... I'm so damned stubborn. It wasn't Kool-Aid the Jim Jones cult drank, it was FlavorAid. And, those weren't JWs that expected the world to end in 1914. They were "earnest" Bible Students, from which the JWs became an offshoot. Carry on, folks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit