Are You Afraid To Be "Outed"?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

Even tho everybody knows im a fader i think i would be a little bit afraid to be outed. Im expecting it tho im sure my little boy will slip up bout birthdays and christmas sooner or later, cant hide it forever, so its always in the back of my mind es

• minimus
    minimus

I guess I'm more inclined to want my own privacy more than anything else. A year ago I would've never gone to an "apostofest". I've come a long way.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I know this active JW named Rachael who knows I post on this board. I double dog dare her to send this thread to my mom.

• cypher50
    cypher50

By the time I had decided to once and for all find the correct answers on the JW doctrines & history, I was afraid more of upsetting God and lying to myself for the rest of my life then of being "outed". I have lost forever the comfortable relationship with my immediate family and many so called "friends" but I have peace of mind and the right to exercise how I feel I should live my life...which leads me to a response to this quote:

I would for some reason go deep into the world and become rebellious, do all kinds of things i never did. Then I would come back to normal after a while and be me once again.

At first, when I disassociated myself, I thought I would do all those "rebellious" things and then eventually go back to being "me" again. Guess what? I learned that most of the stuff that I thought was so "rebellious" was in fact tame and normal.

• Gill
    Gill

I used to be seriously terrified of being outed as no longer a believer of WTBTS crap!!!

I was frightened elders would turn up to interrogate me, that relatives would shun me, that former JW associates would ignore me in the street, etc.

Now I don't care! Apart from my parents, the losers are already shunning me and my cousins etc have nothing to do with me and mine. It has been painful to have my nose rubbed into the fact that they are having regular family gatherings and we're NOT acceptable associates, by my idiot parents. Now, it's my turn to have some FUN!

I hope to have a 'little anti witness' campaign of my own up and running in a few months.

I intend, should I be properly outed and disfellowshiped, to begin regularly visiting my cousins and parents. I shall be knocking at their doors and waving to them as they ignore me in their homes. I shall be writing cards to them and sending them my 'love' on a regular basis. So, being outed and disfellowshiped should be the start of a lot of entertainment for me personally.

I shall probably lose interest in annoying them eventually, but my little anti witness campaign. Now that's just going to be fun....

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip

having them judge me just makes them think they still have power over my life. guess what people...it's my life. they can say whatever they wish (and they do). if they want to put a label on me, that's fine...i don't have to wear it.

i've never been officially "outed" by the congregation, but unofficially it's been rumored that i have done everything from having sex with satan to flying over the kingdom hall during the prayer.

if they put the giant "D" stamp on my forehead, i'll wear a cute floppy hat over it and smile real big. i would just hope my few close jw friends and relatives could deal with it. they are pretty good at loving me anyway, but i'm not sure how they'd react when faced with the "death" sentence themselves.

~whip

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit