Are You Afraid To Be "Outed"?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

If you were , how would it affect your life?

• JH
    JH

You mean outed from here JWD, yes very afraid

Or do you mean outed of the JW's, yes also afraid...

• JH
    JH

I wouldn't like to be DFD, because I never experienced that. But if that happened, I would for some reason go deep into the world and become rebellious, do all kinds of things i never did. Then I would come back to normal after a while and be me once again.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

No. I've been out so long, and all my family knows it that it's no longer a big deal. It was a big deal 25 years ago... when my parents realized I had no intention on returning to the troof. I don't want to end up DF'd because that's no longer any of their business! I think I'd sue.

Heck why do you think I use my real name and location? I really don't care who knows and some old friend may see my name and contact me.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I

would for some reason go deep into the world and become rebellious, do all kinds of things i never did. Then I would come back to normal after a while and be me once again.

Thats what I did! And yes I was affraid. But now that it is all said and done, I just dont care anymore. Im a nobody to my family, and nothing I do(exept go back, which wont happen) will change that!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i dont know... i'm already shunned just because i dont attend meetings anymore. i have financial problems and health problems and family just says " if you were going to the meetings regularly we could help you because then jehovah would help you as well!"

not sure it'd make any difference ..

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    not sure it'd make any difference ..

I got the same line, Candi, and it didn't make any difference. Money only goes so far, and no JW can fix health problems.

((( Candididdly)))

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

no, bring it on.

oh, er, i outted myself. but yes, it did change my life.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I would die homeless and penniless and 20 pounds overweight.

• luna2
    luna2

I would have said no before last Saturday. Two sisters stopped by that morning while out in service. I didn't answer the door, so they called me, and I found myself not wanting to break it to them that I was never going to come back and was, in fact, what they would call apostate. I don't mind sending a DA letter, but I don't really want to disassociate myself face to face or over the phone....at least to people who I once called friends. I'm a coward,

Other than that, it would have no effect on my life at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit