Sam Cooke

by avishai 18 Replies latest social entertainment

• hubert
    hubert

I remember the one I was thinking of, by Sam Cooke....

You .....Send Me

It was by him, wasn't it?

Hubert

• nowisee
    nowisee

rent the movie, "witness".

"but i do know that i love you...

and i know that if you love me too...

what a wonderful world world this would be......."

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

It was also in Animal House

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

Sam Cooke was my mothers favorite singer. You Send Me was my parents "song."

My favorites are, Cupid, "Draw back your bow and let your arrow go straight to my lover's heart for me"

Only Sixteen, "But she was too young to fall in love and I was too young to know"

I asked my karaoke DJ if Cooke's Bring It On Home was among the 35, 000 songs and was very disappointed to be told no. I really wanted to sing that song that night.

The movie, "The Buddy Holly Story" has some great scenes where Sam Cooke helped Buddy Holly when Holly first came to New York from Lubbock, Texas.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Ben E. King has always reminded me of Sam Cooke. I love the song Stand By Me. Don't you think it sounds like a Cooke song?

Love Sam, too. R.I.P. Sam.

• avishai
    avishai

Listening to their version of swing low, sweet chariot. Got chills. Damn.

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Spike Lee was set to make a movie about the late singer’s life, but backed out when he could get financing. I think he should have used his own money, cuz I'd definitely go see a movie about same cook.

M'

• hubert
    hubert
    The movie, "The Buddy Holly Story" has some great scenes where Sam Cooke helped Buddy Holly when Holly first came to New York from Lubbock, Texas.

Buddy Holly was my absolute favorite.

Hubert

• Preston
    Preston

"A Change is Gonna Come" is a great song

- Preston

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit