My best friend - Helping him wake up?

by Garrett 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Giordano
    Giordano

There is one safe area to approach him on.....Last night Public Broadcasting presented the 'cover up' of pedophiles by the WT.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/leaders-jehovahs-witnesses-cover-child-sex-abuse/

You can do as others have said reach out to him....restore the friendship and perhaps indicate that you have become really stumbled with the pedophile issue and the damage it has done to many JW children. The two witness rule was never intended to use against children when abused by an adult.

It's out there, it's true and it is not old news. There is nothing he can take to the Elder's about this subject and it may be interesting to see what his reaction is.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Just drop a seed here and there, telling him to much he will mentally shut down and if the then views you as an apostate he will never listen to you again with an open mind. Better to take baby steps.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

STFU until you have read Steve Hassan's "Combating Cult Mind Control".

I know everybody on here says to read it, and I'm just echoing their words, but I started it this week and it is incredible. There is no doubt that JWs are a high control cult. You need to learn how to not set off the alarms your friend has.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit