Anyone had lithotripsy?

by avishai 21 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

I'm going in tomorrow to have a kidney stone blasted. What's it like? Any one know?

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I heard it hurts like hell when you have to piss out the pieces.

If this is the same procedure I'm thinking of...

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Sorry Avi - I hope everything comes out alright!

• avishai
    avishai
    I heard it hurts like hell when you have to piss out the pieces

Great.......

• Legolas
    Legolas

I hope it goes well for you......just ask for A LOT of drugs!

• joelbear
    joelbear

I have had lithotripsy. You lay they and they hit you with a beam. It feels like a rubber band being snapped on your back over and over again.

I have had 8 kidney stones and they never hurt coming out of the penis and I have a wittle bitty penis.

Good luck. Kidney stones are a pain.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    and I have a wittle bitty penis.

I have NEVER heard a man say this before. LOL!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I've heard tales where it's been no problem, and I've heard tales of it feeling like you're passing a baby. My brother was in the latter category.

How the latter know, I don't know. I think I'd rather pass a stone than a baby, though I'd rather not try either...

• poppers
    poppers

I had it 5 years ago. I was put under anesthesia so I didn't know what was going on; afterwards, I was sore where the machine was localized on my body, but it was nothing really uncomfortable. As for passing the stones afterwards I had no trouble at all.

I've had kidney stones twice now, the first time I passed it on my own, the second required lithotripsy. Good luck, and keep up your fluid intake henceforth - I learned my lesson the hard way.

• Valis
    Valis

Avi, just make sure you aren't around any glass houses when they pass..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit