General Quotes we like.

by Rayvin 23 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

"When people are out to get you, paranoia is just good thinking."

Dr. Johnny Fever

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they're going to feel all day."

Frank Sinatra

• ArtfulDodger
    ArtfulDodger

Everyone ought to try everything once . . . except Morris dancing and incest

Big Colin, E-wing (who aparrently ignored the latter and got 7 years)

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

''Get away from her you bitch'' - Ripley

• ArtfulDodger
    ArtfulDodger

"You say I'm inconsistent ? . . ok, so once I laughed too hard and had an accident - but I'm not inconsistent"

Sophia - Golden Girls

• chrissy
    chrissy

"Whither goest thou, in thy shiny car in the night?" -Jack Kerouac

"Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinions of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth." -Katherine Mansfield

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. "
    -Henry David Thoreau

(my personal fav) "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle." -Gloria Steinem

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Dad

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

''Sleep, those little slices of death, how I loathe them'' (Poe)

• chrissy
    chrissy

wow richie, was your dad like abraham lincoln?

(sorry, this is chrissy attempting to be funny.)

• Legolas
  • daystar
    daystar

Ok, I'll be a bore and correct you... somewhat. The quote has been attributed to Lincoln. However, he borrowed it from Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

And I doubt the phrase or really its underlying concept was born of him, but that is as far back as I'm willing to research at the moment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit