Is the preaching work, no longer the number 1 priority?

by ToesUp 72 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Some people do come in - but these days, even for the last 50 years, not many from the D2D work. Most come in because of friends, relatives, spouses talking to them.

My mom was brought in 70 years ago-but not because of the message, it was because two nice JW ladies offered to give her mom an evening off and took my mom to the meetings with her. Then my uncle, too and later on the rest of the siblings. Others in the family came in this same way (all lived in the same neighborhood. I think they had something like one of those Baptist Sunday School Busses going on!). My grandma (and great aunts, save one) never really had much to do with the JWs other than accepting the free babysitting that was offered to her by the nice JW ladies. My mom, 70 years in the org brought in one other JW. She was her next door neighbor and long time best friend. She pioneered. Never brought in anyone from D2D work (permanently), but lots of nice people came once or a few times because she is the nicest lady you will ever want to meet. Too bad it is wasted on the WTBTS. My mom is the only person I know that could (as a stretch) be said to be brought in as a result of D2D work, but so far as her experience, she is essentially a born in-she never knew anything differently and never "Chose" to be associated with JWs, she just was dragged in, literally in diapers.

I think it is funny how the WTBTS has essentially admitted recently that their role is to make and keep money.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

" overseeing material assets " is the # 1 priority for the WT Society and GB now. Preaching is WAY down low on the list of priorities.

sigh...What did you expect...

on a meeting that is entirely about material assets, building and maintenance?.....insidetheKH.......

...............................insidetheKH DEFENDS THE WBT$..

.........https://rtfitch.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/shoot-in-foot.png

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

INSIDE THE KH:

The WT changed the rules of what makes a JW-the hours used to be 2 hours. Now it is 15 minutes in a pinch. A MONTH. My mom does that much "witnessing" to me each month and it is a subject we are not even supposed to talk about! (She's older, I just let it go these days). Children are being baptised earlier. 15+ was standard when I was a kid. Now 9 seems to be accepted.

I am sure a few come in from the doorknocking-but the numbers do not lie-baptism rates as related to hours reported have gone down immensely. So, you have more publishers putting in so many hours and getting so few baptisms (total) in return compared to how many hours per baptism was required a couple of decades ago. Numbers don't lie.

I am not trying to be snarky, but you seem pretty loyal to the Society. What is a nice JW like you doing in a place like this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit