Isn't It Time That The Americans Learned How To Enjoy Cricket?

by Englishman 26 Replies latest jw friends

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I dont think they deserve it

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Just what we need in this country, a game that's longer, slower and requires less athletic skill than Baseball.

Now if you Brits would lace up the skates and play Ice Hockey, then maybe we'd take your other sports seriously.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Englishman, I wish I could take you to an American Football game, oh say Chiefs vs. Raiders at Kansas City, MO. You want to talk about intensity? Trust me, cricket would seem like afternoon tea.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

ive been to gridiron games

loved every minute...

but it aint cricket

and i bet crr could not run up and bowl all day....or last one over from a fast bowler

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip

now if it was full contact cricket

or naked super model cricket

or a gay cricket reality show

u might get a rise out of us americans...but, first i think u'd have to change the name. no red blooded, beer drinkin, woman chasin american man is gonna be caught dead watching something called "cricket"

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Yeah, you have to remember that the average American probably couldn't endure cricket. We get bored easy. Sad but true. Most of us require constant input, instant gratification.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I would get more excitement watching paint dry.

Will

• blondie
  • fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Crickets ok ..but here are a few ways of improving it.

1)make the pitch rectangular instead of oval

2)make the stumps a bit bigger..and further apart,about a 100 yards apart

3)turn said stumps into 7 foot tall posts and put the middle stump across the top..this one will be about 10 foot long or so....oh,and dont forget some netting....

4)make the ball softer and much larger

5)now,instead of using a bat and ball(11 outfield players trying to get the opposition 2 batsmen out)...have all 22 players on the pitch at all times....11 a side of course,gotta make it fair... kicking the said ball and attempting to kick it ..or head it...into the back of the newly enlarged "stumps".Btw the Wicketkeepers are the only ones allowed to handle the Ball.....they dont even have to catch it..just gotta keep it out...

6)hey presto!!

(with unapologetic thanks to Angus Deayton)

Having said all that...im hoping for an English victory..even for us non-fans theres something special about playing....and beating... the Aussies at anything!

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip

blondie lol

if Canada can beat America @ a sport...u know our hearts not in it and we ain't watching it. lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit