what songs do you want played at your funeral?

by candidlynuts 73 Replies latest jw friends

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Queen, Another one bites the dust.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Interesting question!

I think "Imagine" by John Lennon...............and maybe "The Rose" sung by Bette Midler. That one is for my late cousin, Sharon.........we will be together again, maybe. My husband always called her "the Rose", you know, the Rose of Sharon?

Another one I love is "Time to Say Goodbye" sung by Andrea Bocelli. It's a real tear jerker, though.

• Nick
    Nick

I'd like "Hit the Road Jack" by Ray Charles. Or maybe, "I feel Good!" by James Brown ... or if I go through a lingering dying -- how about:

"What a difference a Day Makes" by Dinah Washington.

Love, Nick

• ballistic
    ballistic

Dancing on the Ceiling, Lionel Richie

- especially appropriate if you died walking on the roof.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Ashes To Ashes by David Bowie would be my choice, plus Thanyou by Led Zeppelin

• Mary
    Mary

"Do You Forget About Me" By SimpleMinds

Sorry hon, but it's: Don't You Forget About Me

I think I'd like How Great Thou Art and/or Amazing Grace. Needless to say, the service wouldn't be held at the Kingdumb Hell.

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine

Tequila, played by a high school marching band.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I have to say it: I don't like this thread because I once had a friend who told me that if he ever died he would like to hear this particular song played at his funeral. Then he killed himself.

Not that I think it should be removed, or that it is a bad thread. It just made me really afraid for the lead poster.

I was too young to see it when that happened and now, small things make me worry. So I guess I have a lot of you to worry about now.

• chrissy
    chrissy

I'm not all that concerned with what goes on at my funeral...never thought about it.

but, anyone watch the show, six feet under? The best show ever...I swear, would not steer you wrong. There is only one episode left, then it ends forever, so kind of late to start watching now I guess.

anyway, a main character died last week and as funerals go, i liked the Rumi poem that was read with the line: Our death is our wedding with eternity.

... and the Nirvana song, 'all apologies' that played after. As it fades out, "All alone is all we are..." at the end, so as to remind everyone listening, not to mourn too much, as they are all gonna die too.

• acadian
    acadian

"Since I've Been Loving You" from Led Zeppelin's BBC Sessions

Or " Dazed and Confused" (thats me right now)

I love Zeppelin Blues

Acadian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit