School Shopping

by Sparkplug 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Ellie
    Ellie

had you already paid for the stuff that was stolen?

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

wow.

My mom always bought the cheap stuff.

Crayons at the dollar store... that didn't even write..

Markers that dried up quick...

Now I buy my own things.

I have a good ink pen I always use, so I just buy 4 1" binders, 4 packs of looseleaf, and I'm done. 5.67 for one semester's worth of supplies.

Of course I use my palm too, that was expensive (but worth it).

• Princess
    Princess

I think you are right about the laptop. I'm sure by next year the teachers are going to require ink cartridges or something.

Don't get me started on the baby wipes, kleenex and hand sanitizer. The list is endless and I'm having them re-use the stupid stuff like scissors, pencil boxes and pencil pouches. Otherwise, the stuff ends up filling up closets after awhile.

Bugs me when I buy nice stuff for them and it all goes into a general supply pile for the class where my kids end up using the crap crayons Richie's mom buys and Richie's using the Crayolas.

$5.67? That's sweet. I'm sure I won't ever get off that easy.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I always hated hearing about "Back to School sales". It's all a big hype. Yeah, Back to school sale at the Furniture Warehouse. Yeah, I'm gonna buy my kid a new couch to haul off to school. Hey, a back to school sale on Video Games! That'll replace the homework. How about the BTS sale at the hardware store? HE NEEDS A NEW TOILET!!! He plugged the other one up trying to flush all of last year's schoolwork.

Walmart must be nutty this time of year. I've begun avoiding that place ever since it came to Canada. Gimme Zellers or Superstore.

I'm not looking forward to BTS shopping when I have kids.

• kls
    kls

Sparkplug , you one of those poor moms that i feel so sorry for . I see these moms fighting their way through the aisles with kids in tow and just tell myself ,Gawd how did i do it with 4 kids and then i kiss the ground that they are all finally done with school.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Bugs me when I buy nice stuff for them and it all goes into a general supply pile for the class where my kids end up using the crap crayons Richie's mom buys and Richie's using the Crayolas.

$5.67? That's sweet. I'm sure I won't ever get off that easy.

LOL

I've had the same backpack since freshman year. Like I said, I use that one pen, and just buy refills for it. I've got the $300 palm, but its worth it. (don't tell anybody, but once twice a few times I cheated with it) And I play games with it, and listen to mp3s on it... and I can even hook it up to my iPod, and have a many computer right there!

• Mulan
    Mulan

Does everyone know that Rachel (Princess) is the co-President of her daughter's school's PTA? Cool, huh?

• Es
    Es

I am shocked that people shop like that. I used to love going school shopping with my mum, of course my mum prob didnt like it all that much, but i muist admit i am looking forward to doing it for my son es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit