School Shopping

by Sparkplug 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I hate it! I went and did shopping tonight for two of the three kiddos and it was so bad that I could not get into the aisles with a cart. So I set it aside and squeezed thru the way and found ...er, fought for what I needed. Every time I got back to the cart, someone had stolen my supplies.

Finally I get them all and get home, and still more were gone.

People really make me sick sometimes.

• horrible life
    horrible life

I would have never thought of shopping that way! It probably would have made my shopping much easier! j/k Wasn't this sort of thing on tv? Somebody shopping out of anothers cart? HL

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I never thought of it either, but when I went back to a corner store to get the few missing items and payed a million bucks, the man behind the counter said, "people are so smart."

Made me upset that they were smart at my expense.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

How rude! I took the easy way out with Jackson and just bought the school's prepackaged supplies. Jennie insisted on picking out her own stuff, so we braved Wal-Mart a couple of weekends ago. What a whip! Next year she's getting prepackaged, like it or not.

I feel your pain.

Nina

• damselfly
    damselfly

I can't wait to go school supply shopping! Mind you it's for myself and not kiddies. I go early morning or late evening to avoid the crowds.

I love the smell of fresh crisp supplies. When I was a kid I used to open up the new crayon box just to inhale. ( 'k I do that now too )

Dams

• Princess
    Princess

People never cease to amaze me.

I was shocked when I had to buy school supplies a couple years ago. It's so expensive! This year I went to Officemax. There were maybe three other people buying school supplies there at the time. They had crayons for 9 cents and colored pencils for 39cents. With the massive lists of things to buy my total still came to over $60.

I still haven't bought lunch boxes and Zoe needs a new backpack. That should be good for another $50. Rhys needs a flash drive this year. Geez, he's in third grade!

You Texans go back soon don't you? We have to wait until September 6.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Yep, mine went back August 8, but they got out May 20.

Nina

• Princess
    Princess

Wow, already back? We just got summer a few weeks ago.

We just chatted with Rhys and Zoe's first grade teacher after a run (me) and bike ride (kids) on a trail behind the school. It's so exciting when the teachers are back getting ready. I have to put everything on hold for the summer and the work piles up. I look forward to catching up.

My kids start on Sept 6 and are out around June 22.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

I hate these new school schedules, when I was a kid, you got out the first week in June, and never, ever, ever, went back until the Tuesday after Labor Day. That's just how it was, just doesn't seem like summer vacation anymore.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Don't gripe too much Princess, mark my words, in a couple of years you will have to send your 1st graders to school with laptops, never mind the crayons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit