How many people have you "unwitnessed" since you've been out?

by mkr32208 14 Replies latest jw friends

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I was thinking about this the other day. In 25 (ish) years of being a witness... Well I guess I became a publisher at like 12 or 13 so actually only 13 (ish) years of service... (I could be a doctor in less time... UGGGG) I went out in service lets say an average of ten hours a month... So were talking 120 hrs a year lets call it 1500 total hours. In that time I brought NO ONE into the truth! Never even had a study! Hardly ever had a dependable return visit!

I've now been out for about 4 years in that time I've taken AT LEAST 4 others out... My wife, my best friend, and 2 old GF's I have also severly damaged the faith of at least 10 othes! I have talked many members of my family out of studying and given them ammo to blast the witnesses that studied with them! I would say I'm a hell of a lot better apostate than I was a witness!

How are you guys doing in this regard??

Who do I turn my time into anyway?

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I have one girlfrriend that is out completely because of my "unwitnessing".

wanna

• Honesty
    Honesty

There's no telling because I plant little seeds of doubt about the apostate cult's claim to be the voice of God every time I see a witness or place tracts at their doors.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Hopefully, none. I don't want any misplaced credit to be attributed to me. I firmly believe that people should make up their own minds regarding such things

• Undecided
    Undecided

I'm with Cagnus on this. I let them do as they please. It's their choice. If they tried to get my children in the borg I would put a stop to that though.

Ken P.

• Odrade
    Odrade

I was told I wouldn't have to turn in a service report if I joined up with you xjws. Hmmmph.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I firmly believe that people should make up their own minds regarding such things

Isn't that the point, though?? The JWs have no idea what anyone else in the world believes, really. You're taught to never listen to the 'false teachings' of the religions of 'Babylon the Great.'......

Personally, I was shocked when I read about the claims the WT made with regard to 1914 and other dates in the 1800s. I am fully convinced that there is no way they can be what they claim, which is God's chosen people.... I agree that everyone has to make their own decision..... But I also think that in order to make a good decision, one needs all the facts. Well, at least more of the facts than the WT is willing to disclose...

So, even though I cannot disclose anything myself right now without risking being df'd, I am disclosing everything I can think of to my kids. Hopefully, at least they can make an informed decision when that time comes.

GGG

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Everytime I come in contact with a Dub I ex-witness to them. Where else will they hear ANYTHING about something like 607 B.C. and the Malawi fiasco? It's a shitty little cult. The best people to help them out are former cultists.. nobody else could care less for the most part.

GBL

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

All you have to do is show how subjective and illogical sola scriptura is and you've already run circles around them by the end.

• Ellie
    Ellie

I've never actually taken anyone out or even planted any seeds of doubt (atleast I don't think I have) but if ever I get the opportunity to slate the witnesses to anyone I do, I know quite a lot of my neighbours and I've had an anti-witness with most of them, its funny when they come up my street on service because everyone tells them that they have been talking to me and they don't agree with the shunning policy, its brilliant entertainment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit