obsessive personality's

by hurt dave 12 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

Good stuff, dave. :) It really has helped me a lot, and too few people choose to reach out for help.

Right on!

tal

• Ellie
    Ellie

I was a witness and I have OCD, I've noticed OCD tendancies a lot in other witnesses although they will never admit there is anything wrong, I don't think its a coincidence.

There was even a talk from the Kingdom Ministry a couple of years ago, they were getting at OCD but they called it 'habit' and made out that people with these sorts of problems only have themselves to blame and should do more to stop themselves and should spend more time on witness stuff, I foolishly listened and took it all in when I should've been seeing a phycologist.

On a happier note, I have the illness under control now and am so happy to be away from that religion.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I am seeing a physcologist i think that counts as counsling.

Good to hear Dave, I'm sure it will help but does your psychologist know you are using a herbal substance? One of the first things a good therapist will expect of you is that you get sober because only then will you really face your issues and can make progress. Otherwise you might as well piss your money away, why sabotage yourself like that? Just a thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit