obsessive personality's

by hurt dave 12 Replies latest jw friends

• hurt dave
    hurt dave

Ive notice that ive seem to developed quite an obsessive personality. With food, Tv, A certain type of herbel substance, and my ex-girlfreind. Not that i want to blame the jw's for the whole thing, i know there was a lot of factors(ie my family). But now im really doing serious damage to my health get am constantly trying to figure out how to get my ex back. Ive gone from one extreme to another and whats the best way to find balance?

• ballistic
    ballistic

errr, I'm not sure but are you sure the "A certain type of herbel substance" isn't making matters worse for you? Just a thought.

• hurt dave
    hurt dave

im not going to say its making it better but its one of the things that makes me happy and calms me down otherwise id be one really crazy guy

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

dear obsessive personalities.

you know that I believe JWs are contributors to persons behavioural patterns.

In fact any enviroment that one is constantly in can at times cause a person to demonstrate obsessive personality. These can lead to problems with our health and it doesn't make a person OCD per se but if not kept in check will lead to certain phobias.

Fear, panic attacks, requiring medication sometimes and therapy. Check out this site to see about personalitys its a tickle test.

http://web.tickle.com/personality/?sid=2005&supp=search_personality&test=personality

after I take it I will tell what kind of personality I have.

love Orangefatcat.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Here is the results of my personality test. The Ultimate Personality Test The Real You: A Scientific Analysis Terry, you're a Chosen One!

You're warm, giving, knowing, and patient. Chances are you're not afraid to actively pursue your goals and dreams. As if all that weren't enough, you pretty much set the standard for emotional health by being filled with positive feelings and energy.

You'd be a great person in an emergency and you always return phone calls. You're no fair-weather friend.

And that's just scratching the surface!

Get a complete in-depth scientific analysis of your personality in a 10-page, PhD certified Personality Report now!

Sample Report

In your Personality Report:
    • Descriptions of all the personality types
    • A valid, scientific explanation of your personality type
    • How you compare with others
    • How you handle conflict
    • Your greatest strengths and areas of vulnerability

This is quite interesting because the other test I took on another thread said I was a Televangist. Boy between being a chosen one and the televanglist I have it made. Does that mean I wonder if I should have stayed in the JWs.

God Forbid. NEVER !!

love Orangefatcat..

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I followed ya fat cat- and Sara, you're a Lethal Weapon!

You're open-minded, enthusiastic, and popular. Chances are you might even break the rules sometimes. You're motivated and serious, and you always jump at the chance to take on a new project. Innovation and abstract thinking are your strengths.

You get cabin fever if you're cooped up too long. Sometimes you'd rather just work on an independent project so you can concentrate without having to deal with people. And you secretly question your self-worth.

Now that is funny!

• hurt dave
    hurt dave

That was cool David, you're a Critic!

You're complex, thoughtful and never content to skate on the surface. Chances are you veer towards being so analytical and introspective that even positive qualities can seem like faults. The truth is that you have a very perceptive, gentle spirit.

You hate chaos at work and prefer a structured environment and sometimes you feel undervalued by your boss. There's a part deep inside you that's aching to make more money.

• talesin
    talesin

dave,

Sometimes we focus (or obsess) on one thing or another because it is easier than dealing with our issues. It's not a purposeful avoidance, but a coping mechanism that we naturally slip into, until the day comes when we realize what we are doing. Have you sought any counselling? This may be quite easily solved.

xo

tal

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

When you take milk out of the fridge and it is rotton...do you put it back in the fridge and think it will taste better, less rotton later?

no. dont dwell over the past ...you can loose your future doing it. move forward. much more appealing!

• hurt dave
    hurt dave

I am seeing a physcologist i think that counts as counsling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit