Who Are You Rooting For This Season And Why?

by Englishman 19 Replies latest jw friends

• PaulJ
    PaulJ
    Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool - can not stand Man Utd or arsey ARSENAL

Couldnt have said it better myself. LIVERPOOL. Cannot stand Man U, Arsenal, Chelski or Everton.....

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

My 2nd team are Ipswich! So c'mon the tractor boys!!!

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Not much of an English football fan, but I'm for Glasgow Celtic all the way.

I'll arbitrarily choose Arsenal, though. Plus, they had a pretty cool stadium.

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

I have to correct you Ozzie, Luton Towns capacity is 10,000 not 6,000, still small compared to others in the Championship but as passionate as they come. What is more important however is the fact we are top of the league (Ok only 3 games in) but could it be possible next season will bring us the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester united. Are you jealous Ring Wielder?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

oops I thought the title was "Whom Are You Root'n, For This Season & Why?"

... I sometimes disgust myself ..

speedread' nuncC'ARN THE MIGHTY CROWS!

(Adelaide Aussie Rules!)

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    oops I thought the title was "Whom Are You Root'n, For This Season & Why?"

... I sometimes disgust myself ..

But you didn't surprise ME at all!

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I can't wait until soccer becomes mainstream in the US so I'll know what I'm missing.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    But you didn't surprise ME at all!

Is that because you're so wise and gifted with smarts and the ability to spot a dirty mind at so many paces .. or is that because you're a fellow australyarn who's bored with obvious reply's to obvious provocation?

good to see you too stephanus

ps: cheer up - you're sounding like Marvin the bored robot from Hitchikers .. pss: what's a Newtown Jet? .. geez where are the real aussies? C'ARN THE MIGHTY CROWS!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Why? I'm a lifelong Vikings fan. Their quarterback ("our" quarterback) Daunte Culpepper is poised to have another sensational season. This year they've shed the hugely talented and self-absorbed Randy Moss in favor of spending money on experienced defensive starting players. Also, their division rivals seem weaker -- the Packers had a very poor offseason and still are very questionable on defense, the Lions have no good options at quarterback, and the Bears just lost their talented young quarterback for the whole season.

This year is Viking coach Mike Tice's last chance to field a team that will not droop at year's end. The new owner has all the coaching staff on a short leash (i.e., one-year deals), just to see what he has.

• Ring Wielder
    Ring Wielder

Peppermint.... Luton have peaked too soon! 3 matches do not a season make.

But..yeah, Im jealous

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit