One gay mans opinion

by jonjonsimons 26 Replies latest jw friends

• riz
    riz

Hi jonjon

I'm glad that you have found love and happiness. Don't pay any attention to these clowns. If you ignore them, they will eventually get bored and go try to start contorversy somewhere else. They are just here to get a rise out of people.

Also, you will notice, the only ones who behave so badly are the ones who claim to have Jehovah's or Jesus' backing. LOL.

Yep. They are spreading that message of love. [8>]

Anywho, it's good to have you here. Variety is the spice of life. Take care!

riz

• Tina
    Tina

(((((((jj)))))))))
    Ditto what riz said!! I am so glad you are here! You are quite right not to care. yadrif has nothing better to do than to bash,condemn name call etctec. he's been doing this here and on other boards for years. This from a man who hasn't attended(by his own admission) a mtg in over 20 yrs lol Go figure. Even without his using the babble to back up his prejudices he is simply a person with a narrow,distorted and angry worldview.
    Keep on posting hun! You're a great addition to our family! luv ya,t

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Oh my god! You're gay? I would have never known until you said it.

Slipnslidemaster: "Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
    - Henry Ford

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Jonjon,

I personally don't care that you're gay either. It is your life and I think you are the only one that can live it. So do it as you see fit. Please do not let people like Friday get under your skin. You're wasting time on somebody that will never understand what the meaning of "Christian love" is. I don't know what provokes him to be so unkindly, but be assured, there is a reason that we probably don't know.

Just know that you are loved on this board and that God loves you for your heart!

Billygoat

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

I love gay people. Most of you guys like the same music as me and know how to Rave like a madman!

LOL,
    Slayer

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

Simon - is it possible to ban Friday/Yadirf from posting here? He engenders hatred toward so many. I really don't think I've ever seen a productive, positive post from him/her yet. Thanks!

--Michael

• jonjonsimons
    jonjonsimons

Riz/Tina/Slipnslide/Billygoat/Gsark/d0rkyd00d/comf,
    Thanks for your kind thoughts. I guess the only reason I started this thread was so that I could figure out if some people on this board were beyond reason, and obviously some are. But thank goodness they are in the minority. Peace to you all.

Slayer,
    Man I went to a rave last weekend and I just wished someone would have reminded me that I'm 36 and too old for that shit!! I was green until Monday, but let's just say me and the Mr. had a fun "E" vening.
    Thank goodness he went with or else I'd have been in trouble. I had forgotten why they call it extasy. Now I remember. Yeeha....jjs

Michael,
    I appreciate your thoughts but, Friday has a right to his own opinion. Censorship only fans resentment. Remember, only love can conquer hate.
    take care all,
    jjs

• waiting
    waiting

Hey jonjon,

I don't read Yardif's posts anymore - imho, hate mail/speeches aren't worth reading/listening to.

However, I've read that long thread going on - and respect JoelBear's patience.

I think you & I've talked before - my son is gay, and he's my sunshine just like my other two. Of course, ask me tomorrow, and I might change the sunshine part.

The point is - it took me a long time (being a 30 yr jw) to allow myself to be comfortable with my son's life. And it helps me now to realize that it is his life - and to be comfortable or not with him is my choice........not his problem.

He also lives with a man, and they get along well. He lived with a beautiful blonde woman for a while, he drank a lot and they fought constantly, finally breaking up with a lot of anger residue.

So, I hope it goes well with you, as I hope it goes well for my son. Afterall, we're all just people.

waiting

• philo
    philo

I think a useful starting point in talking about human homosexuality is this:

"I am a human, I count nothing human foreign to me." Terence 190-159 BC

So many arguments seem be grounded in so called 'gut feelings' and other prejudices.

philo

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Waiting

:I don't read Yardif's posts anymore

Promises, promises! You know Tiny Tina once made that very same promise. (I consider a promise to be an oath, BTW.) After quite some time had passed though she began to reply to my comments once again (I'm so irresistible you see). How long will it be, Waiting, before you break YOUR word ... claiming, as Tina has, that she reserves the right to change her mind?

Friday

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit