the walking dead

by kj 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

the living dead?

• kj
    kj

OK, maybe I said it wrong. Maybe it is the living dead. Basically as good as dead when armegeddon hits.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    The WTBS likens their organization to the life saving ark of Noah's day. Everyone who gets into the ark and stays will survive Armaggeddon and all those outside will perish.

Good analogy. And the attitudes I've seen suggest that there will be no sadness for this great "loss".

• thom
    thom

Every JW I've spoken too since I left has said the the WT does not teach that only JW's will survive armageddon, but I know it does and thanks Blondie for pointing out an article. I always knew as a JW I believed that and I know all these others do too, but what's their point of telling me they don't believe it? I wonder if they're convinced themselves because it's too horrifying? I don't know.

• Ticker
    Ticker

Sounds like a George A. Romero spoof. lmao Watch out Rub a J Dubs the living dead want to feed on your brains, well thats if a JW had a functional brain.

I also see the Governing Body truly is God now as they can make the below quoted claims yet only God is the one who will determine who is in his favor or not. Everyone will stand before God not just 6 million followers of a few old men in Brooklyn. Boy their audacity pisses me off more and more every day. Bunch of proud old pinheads, talk about eliteism at its worst. Shall we say they are a bit self rightous? I would think so.

Only Jehovah’s Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil

Ticker

Edited Twice because I had a bunch of empty spaces enter my post when I submitted it. lol

• Ticker
    Ticker

I give up on that post. I cant get rid of the lines as im not that skilled with this posting format. I tried twice and it kept coming back on me. So sorry for all the spaces. Ticker

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    the CO said if a JW married a non-JW they were marrying a corpse, kissing a corpse.

I just told my dad (unbeliever) that he was dead.

He had some lively things to say...

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I thought non-JW's are a bit of a lottery. Lucky if they die pre-Armageddon, unlucky if they survive to (die AT it) see it.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

At one point, JWs actually seemed to wished they could kill disfellowshipped ones.

w52 11/15 p. 703 Questions from Readers ***

We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. "Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee."—Deut. 13:6-11, AS.

Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God’s law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship.

Hmmm - Parents are cautioned about taking in ill children who've left home, then been disfellowshipped:

w81 9/15 p. 29 If a Relative Is Disfellowshiped . . . ***

This could be true also with regard to a child who had left home but is now disfellowshiped or disassociated. Sometimes Christian parents have accepted back into the home for a time a disfellowshiped child who has become physically or emotionally ill. But in each case the parents can weigh the individual circumstances. Has a disfellowshiped son lived on his own, and is he now unable to do so? Or does he want to move back primarily because it would be an easier life? What about his morals and attitude? Will he bring "leaven" into the home?—Gal. 5:9.

In Jesus’ parable of the prodigal son, the father ran to meet and then accepted his returning son. The father, seeing the lad’s pitiful condition, responded with natural parental concern. We can note, though, that the son did not bring home harlots or come with a disposition to continue his sinful life in his father’s home. No, he expressed heartfelt repentance and evidently was determined to return to living a clean life.—Luke 15:11-32.
    So if a child might bring "leaven" into the home, they might just be on their own - with uncertain (and probably unhappy) consequences.
  • Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

More to the point: Witnesses view worldly people as potential sheep until they've been preached to. If they don't respond "favorably", they're as good as dead.

w52

6/1 pp. 341-350

Fixing Destinies in This Judgment Period

WE unquestionably enter a judgment period upon the second presence of Christ. Judgment began at the house of God, cleansed the anointed remnant of Babylonish filth, released them from Babylonish bondage, enabled them to flee greater Babylon to escape sharing in her plagues. They were freed to preach, to herald the establishment of the heavenly kingdom, to sound a warning of the impending "accomplished end": "This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for the purpose of a witness to all the nations, and then the accomplished end will come." (Matt. 24:14, 21, 22; 1 Pet. 4:17, NW) This enlightenment brought responsibility and laid a foundation for judgment: "Now this is the basis for judgment, that the light has come into the world." (John 3:19-21, NW) Hence the judgment that started at the house of God spread to take in all peoples of all nations, as Jesus had said it would at his second presence: "When the Son of man arrives in his glory and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. And all the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left." The sheep who showed kindness to Christ’s brothers inherit new world blessings, but the goats who refused kindness to them go off "into the everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels". Christ’s judgment is: "These will depart into everlasting cutting-off, but the righteous ones into everlasting life." The goats remain in greater Babylon and share her plagues; the sheep belong to God and live by heeding the command: "Get out of her, my people."—Matt. 25:31-46, NW.

This judgment period will be completed during this generation, and when the execution of judgment starts at Armageddon the destinies of all persons then living will have been fixed. Some become perturbed over this, and speculate on the existence of a third class not separated into sheep and goat categories, and which will be resurrected in the millennium for its judgment period. Into this third class they would put all babes and children, and any adults not reached by the Kingdom message by the time Armageddon strikes. Such speculators can produce no solid Scriptural support for their theory. It seems to be spawned either by human sentiment over creature salvation or by a negative, defeatist attitude toward a successful completion of the preaching work. Or by both.

Jehovah’s Word states that the Kingdom message "will be preached in all the inhabited earth for the purpose of a witness to all the nations". Will his word return void? his purpose unfulfilled? No; even the stones would cry out to prevent that! (Isa. 46:11; 55:11; Luke 19:40) To all nations, throughout the inhabited earth, the witness given will be sufficient to meet Jehovah’s purpose, and it will be completed before the "accomplished end" or Armageddon comes. This witness will provide the basis for the judgment wherein the people of all nations are separated into sheep and goat classes, by Christ Jesus. Will Christ the Judge do a halfway job? Will he fail to complete the job outlined for him, and have an unforetold third class left over that he failed to separate? Or will he complete the dividing work Jehovah committed to him, and separate the people of all nations into just the two foretold classes, and thereby accomplish the divine purpose and fulfill the divine word?

This judgment period from 1914 to Armageddon is set aside for this separation work and is a part of the sign that we are in "the time of the end". Will Christ loiter at the separation work, so that he will have to finish it in a future judgment day, and fail to fully provide this part of the sign? Some argue that the parable of the sheep and goats applies on into the millennium. They ignore the fact that the separation is complete before the sheep inherit the new world blessings of the millennial reign, that this separation takes place when he arrives, not centuries thereafter. Nations exist; there will be no such divisions along national lines in the new world. The judgment work assigned to this period must be completed before execution starts at Armageddon. Judgment at the house of God was completed, not left half done; so will it be with the judgment of the nations during the same judgment period.

In harmony with the illustration of the sheep and goats, Ezekiel 9:4-6 (AT) shows but two classes, those marked for preservation and the unmarked ones appointed to destruction. And in this prophetic picture of Armageddon’s slaughter note that the executional forces do not spare individuals on the grounds of age or sex: "Slay without mercy or pity. Old men, young men and maidens, little children and women—strike them all dead! But touch no one on whom is the mark." Note that in this picture the ones preserved are those who did "sigh and cry for all the abominations" done in the land in reproach of Jehovah’s true worship. In the parable of sheep and goats the ones preserved showed favor toward Christ’s brothers. In both cases the ones destroyed were those who remained indifferent or neutral as well as opposers. Christ Jesus, during the judgment period when he was on earth, laid down the principle for such times: "He that is not on my side is against me, and he that does not gather with me scatters." (Matt. 12:30, NW) No room remains for a third class.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit